Time to get back into a 360...does anyone know this car? | FerrariChat

Time to get back into a 360...does anyone know this car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by magnus911, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnus911

magnus911 Rookie

Apr 19, 2010
    Colorado
    So, I had to sell my last 360 when I moved from Europe to the US... and 4 years later I can't stop thinking about my car, so it's time to get another.

I don't necessarily have to buy the cheapest one on the market, but this one is close and i could pick it up this coming week.

So, does anyone know anything about this particular car? I will be calling a local independent to arrange an inspection for Tuesday.

Used 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena For Sale | Tucson AZ

2. Onetradee

Onetradee Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    Let us know the results of inspection...

3. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    Looks like a good deal if it checks out. I support anyone who has 911 in their screen name! I thought I was the only 911 lover hiding in plain sight on the Ferrari board...

4. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    2x on the good deal and PPI comment.

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, that's really a great deal. Good luck.

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I take offense to that comment- what about me? :)

For the OP- the car looks like a good deal if it checks- lower price may largely be due to the color and F1 tranny- doesn't necessarily mean there is some bad mechanical item lingering and the guy is trying to move it out at a low price...

I have a 355 spider and still think of my former 360- but love the 355....I still think of my old 911s too- I love them all...too little money/space/time :)

7. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Looks really good from here. Get a PPI nonetheless.

8. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    What ever the PPI unearths, walk back off the price, probably get that for cheaper than a 3.2 carrera.... which goes to show that the 911 prices are just plain stupid. I think a silver and black 360 is perfectly understated and gorgeous. Good luck.

9. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    $59k?

Thats a winner to me.

10. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    I've got an Immaculate Spider for not much more....fully serviced and turn key

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/546345-2002-360-spider-argento-black-immaculate.html

11. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
  12. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    That is correct- excluding 930s, there is no way a clean 3.2 911 is worth what some people are asking- as nice as they are built and reliable, too many made to be up there in price and the driving experience...I'd use my soft calculation that a low mileage/clean 3.2 is a $30-35K "driving experience" in 2017 dollars, not $50-60K++...

I don't know about the OP, but I'm a convertible guy, so I would say find some way to scrounge up some more money to make this silver 360 spider work!!! There could be deferred maint on the 360 coupe vs. my guess is not much on this spider, meaning your dollars out the door when the dust settles isn't much diffent yet this spider seems to offer so much more :) (I'm not affiliated with the 360 spider seller- I'm just saying the spider is the better deal given the available info up to this point...)

13. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    My guess is the original poster saw a sub $60K 360 and started doing some math/budget calcs and is now thinking of making the plunge back into ferrari ownership. If someone likes cars and a deal that is reasonable from a purchase price standpoint comes up (in this case, <$60K), often they make the move. The "problem" is posting a question like this on a forum like F-chat where there are people like me that can easily spend other peoples money and start advising on different (i.e. more expensive) potential acquisitions (Jeff's 360 spider :) ). But we mean well- knowing what I know on the importance of maint (and the cost to make things right if they are not), and the incremental value I would personally place on a convertible, I can say Jeff's car is the better buy (again IF the original poster wants a convertible)- it would be a good idea to try to come up with the difference in initial purchase price for a more satisfying ownership experience (In my opinion anyway) ;)

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  15. Mikes911

Mikes911 Rookie

Jan 20, 2010
    Oakville Ont
    Full Name:
    Mike Anderson
    And me :)

16. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    We should start a new club and call it "Porsche Club of Ferrari Chat"

17. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Im in. Lets count.

18. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Nice looking car. Same year as mine, with 10K less miles, and about the same price.

No matter how great they say it is, and how wonderful they say their inspection is suppose to be, get a PPI done by someone who knows Ferrari's. Also what if any records do they have on this car, hopefully ones which show an annual service. The cost of fixing a few things that may need to be fixed can add up fast. Believe me I have the bill to prove it. Also have about $10K in your back pocket to pay for any surprises you get after purchase.

This car is sixteen years old with about 32K miles on it. On average it has been driven about 2K miles per year. Good periodic service would have changed fluids and checked any rubber parts.

Oh yeah. How old are the tires? After I bought my car I found out they were seven to eight years old. A new set cost about $1K.

If you buy it, and get it running well, you are going to have some fun times driving it.

Oh yeah, one other thing. A radar detector might be a good idea. These cars get up to speed fast. So far I have been a good boy, but the urge is always with you when driving.

Good luck

19. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    $59,000 seems cheap.

20. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    The OP isn't subscribed so I could not send him a PM

21. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    ??

22. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Have you looked at your pictures? Or avatar for that matter...

23. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    LoL, the Avatar can be very persuasive! I relisted with only 2 "friends" the original is still a few pages back with a 3rd. Are the "friends" too much or just enough? :D

24. fuoco

fuoco Rookie

Feb 21, 2013
    Surrey, UK
    So there are plenty of us 911 fans who also love the 360, great to know

25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me