I am Depressed. Depressed | FerrariChat

I am Depressed. Depressed

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, Mar 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#1 24000rpm, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My friend, not so close of a friend, but a Modena fellow owner, call me and say: hey, want to visit you and ride on your CS. I said sure. come over

he flied over to my city, hopped into my car and told me:u know, I just bought this crashed CS for US40,000.

I asked where? and was told it was just 1 hours drive from me.

And he lives 2000 miles from my city.

and my depression began. I am literally having a headache and didn't know how to recover from the this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You wanted to blow 40k on a wrecked car I take it?

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

of course, and this is the 5th challenge stradale in this 1.4 billion population country

I thought there are only 4.

as was pointed out by ferrari headquarters, the car was crashed in 2005 and the driver was dead on spot.

and this vin is not in challenge-stradale.com

suppose there are only 5 stradales in your whole country and used cars are NOT allowed to be imported.

Tell me how precious each stradale will be, crashed or not.

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bit of a miss there, but I don't think I'd want to own a car in which someone died!

6. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike

Same here. Would make me feel weird.

But then again the construction site across my apartment just dug up like a hundred pilgrim graves last week....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yeah... 40k or not.. I don't want to a car in which someone died!

"That's not a coffee stain on the seat.. that's some blood from the prior owner. Don't worry, it'll come out with some detergent... maybe."

8. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

just a parts car. door panels, engine panels, seats, calipers, whole rear hatch, dash, are all brand new. The car has 1000 km on it, just sitting there for 12 years. Engine, transmission, intact.

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    How on EARTH did he find out about the car?

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Go offer the guy $45k if your friend hasn't arrived yet. What do you have to lose? I mean, besides your friend, a clean conscience, dignity, decency...who needs all that when you have CS #5?

edit:re-read the post. Offer to buy it off of your friend for a profit. How is he going to get it back to 2k miles away?

11. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

he's going to use it to transform his modena , too.

and he asked me a lot of questions on how to do that..... shoot

he's a rich guy, has 5 ferraris except a CS, so I doubt he'll do $45k

12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

u know , i have no idea.

words from Ferrari : the car had not even been registered and was just released from custom. The new owner trashed it every day, until about 1000km , at which point he died.
    Then the car was stored by the owner's loved ones until 12 year later.

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

he already has arranged transport for the car, after which he asked me to treat him a lunch

w t f...... i didn't know how i spent that lunch with him

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What? He actually asked YOU to treat him to lunch? No matter what the circumstance, that is tacky...even more so since he is loaded.

15. boostd

boostd Karting

May 4, 2014
    I'm still trying to figure out why OP is depressed.

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

becuase I missed the opportunity to buy another CS for cheap, at least a part of it so that I can transform a modena to a CS.

17. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

yea! he bought the car and he knows I'll buy the car if I knew its for sale.
    AND HE WANTED ME, to treat him a lunch.

ah!!!

18. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#18 24000rpm, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That doesn't look like the damage of a fatal accident unless the car is RHD and im not seeing the massive indentation on the other side. But how does he plan to convert to a CS from a car that doesn't have a well preserved body panel on it?

20. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

not "from" this car. but from his modena.....
    this crashed car serves as a parts car to him

he's going to just buy the CS bumper and transplant all interior and all drivetrain into the modena, bar a few damaged things like the exhaust.

21. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

70% people here won't buckle up.
    imagination is your friend.

22. drcripp

drcripp Karting

Nov 1, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    David Crippen
    An unrestrained driver in that crash could easily have had a severe brain injury just from bouncing around inside the car. I wouldn't touch that beast, or even be in the same room with it. The cost to make it whole again would be about what two new ones would cost, and you'd still have "salvage" on the title rendering the value ridiculously worse.

23. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

seems lots of people think im going to fix this car if I bought it. No.

I want to buy it as a parts car. Imagine you can't find a running CS listed anywhere in a matter of years, a 40k parts car is the next best thing you can get.

24. boostd

boostd Karting

May 4, 2014
    This seems to be a really silly reason to be depressed. It's just a haunted car.

25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I gotta say (and I actually read the thread to understand what your plans would have been), I think you dodged a bullet. I realize the rarity of the car and the awesomeness that would be transplanting a CS drivetrain in to a lowly Modena :), but looking at that wreck, I think the potential for unwelcome surprises is high. Is he sure that motor is perfect? No blood or damage to the interior? It's already known that the owner beat the car and didn't care for it, I would chock it up as a win and I have a feeling your friend is going to find a lot more negative than positive in this car and deserves it. Btw, he sounds like a Class A penishead and I would lose his number unless there is some personal benefit to keeping his acquaintance.