430 Scud Exhaust | FerrariChat

430 Scud Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jay-K, Mar 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay-K

Jay-K Karting

Feb 3, 2015
    Hi,

Got into a scud last month,
    wondering what exhaust is good beside Sline?

I saw agency power titanium have similar build, any reviews on this products? might be untrustworthy.

I just feel the car needed to have a "slimmer exhaust" instead of the huge muffler in the back, will improve sound and cooling in the back part.

planning to just change the catback, any recommendation?
    I don't really fancy how the valve works above and below 3000 constantly opening and closing...

THank you

2. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just unhook the valves so it always stay open. Kresseig from Japan sounds amazing.

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I am pretty sure the exhaust valves don't work like that on my Scud (MY09) - instead opening is a function of throttle position, which makes sense, maybe in combination with other parameters. On my 612 it is a simple 3000 RPM open/close.

4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You've already identified the best: S-Line X-pipe. Amazing sound, much "slimmer" as you say, and much lighter. There's a reason so many of us have these.

5. Jay-K

Jay-K Karting

Feb 3, 2015
    I was planning to do that, but looking for exhaust to reduce significant heat that may hurt the carbon..

I was told it worked like that, but maybe yes, because sometimes it doesn't open on 3000 lol

does it really affect much on keeping heat away in the exhaust room?
    HAHA anyone selling used ones?

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I had the carbon taken off and heat shields attached to the under side

7. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No info on heat. The unit does take up a lot less room, however, which I guess makes for a smaller heat sink, would mean more airflow and, ultimately, less heat. I think the bigger heat concern is the headers. I have the milky CF on the right side of my engine bay from the right-side header. This is a common issue.

8. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    I currently have the Fabspeed x-pipe on my car (and an original Scud silencer to the side as well). The Fabspeed is physically smaller (maybe one-third to half the size) and lighter (I've read 44 lbs. lighter but I have no way of verifying that claim), and sounds (to me) just like the original but louder volume-wise (also the same feedback from those around the car, even when driven next to a stock Scud).

I'm happy with it and assume all the droning inside would occur with the stock silencer as well. Good luck.

:)

9. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ

Agency Power is our in-house brand. Full titanium x-pipe system available. Very loud and aggressive. Very lightweight and quite a bit less than most of the stainless steel systems for the Scud. We include a limited lifetime warranty with the system. If any failures occur, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. Only responsible for shipping associated. We stand behind the product.

If you're interested in getting a price quote, feel free to PM or email me with your shipping address and I'll get you info right away.

-James