Custom Dyno tune vs generic tune | FerrariChat

Custom Dyno tune vs generic tune

Discussion in '360/430' started by Normal Guy Supercar, Mar 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    I thought I'd share this experience with y'all as I'm very impressed and super excited...

My F430 already had a tune done on it from the previous owner. After replacing the headers, I noticed a mild hesitation occasionally around 4k RPM's and it was popping a bit more than I thought it should.

I called around and decided to give Eurocharged ATX (Home Page) a try after talking with Dave and Adam for quite a while on the phone. They gave me a lot of confidence in their knowledge and experience and their price was very competitive.

They ran a baseline, then set up a custom tune on the dyno. The end results - 24WHP gain! WOW! And it's still a fairly conservative tune so I don't have to worry about leaning out and popping a gasket or worse.

Have y'all gotten similar results from tunes? Anyone else go from a generic tune to a custom tune and notice substantial improvements?

Here's a video of the results: https://youtu.be/ZI2GE27FYGQ

And here's the dyno sheet: https://www.facebook.com/zrokids/photos/ms.c.eJwzMzE3MzG3NDcysDAztzDQM4PyTU2MDAwNjQFnLwZi.bps.a.647647892086788.1073741831.613711298813781/647647975420113/?type=3&theater

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    very cool thanks for sharing

3. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Excellent result @ ~448whp. And they addressed the inherent richness from the header swap. Eurocharged is making quite a name for themselves. They are tuning my F430 next month here in TO. They flashed my AMG last year and was very happy with the results. Have fun!

4. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    You'll have to let us know how your F430 does. Yeah, I am very pleased with Eurocharged. I'll be using them again in the future.

5. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    I wish I did a baseline run before switching out the headers. Not sure what stock whp is on the 430. I'd be happy with a 440-450whp. Before the dyno I'll change the plugs, add BMC filters and change the oil> Redline 5W40.

6. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #6 Drock28, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    hey Daniel, I own a 355.. but been watching your vids.. great content..!

the guys there at ATX seem great..and know their stuff..

curious regarding the tune.. in the first vid they took out your ECU..

are they chipping it, similar to what Fabspeed offers ( not sure if they do anymore)
    where as I understood at least for the 355, they would open the ecu, weld some type of chip to the ecu board, and that was the tune. where guys were buying a used 2nd ecu to do the chip tune and keep their original ecu untouched

or is ATX flashing it..? where there is no physical tampering with the ecu. instead just a direct flash to the ecu via whichever tuning software they may be using.

EDIT: ok I can see on their website.. its a direct flash to the ECU via the OBII port

7. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    Yeah, it was just flashing it. I think they have to first pull out the ecu to add a resistor or something that allows it to be written to... Or at least that's what I thought they said.

Thanks for watching the videos! :)

Now the next question is what to do to it for more power. LOL! Anyone do ethanol injection?

8. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    well I think the only real source for real extra power would be forced induction
    check out Underground Racing.. I think they offer both SS and twin turbo for 430.

but I think what you did is more then enough.

9. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I still frequent the MBWORLD website , since I had my 650whp C63 , and Eurocharged has always been around and always had a quality product . I have never used or owned anything from them personally but have always read really good results from their tunes .

10. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Daniel, can this be done without the car? Could the ECU be shipped to them? I live in Minnesota.

11. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    Yes, I believe they can tune it without the car, but then it wouldn't be "dyno tuned" where they can tweak it.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The tuners start out with a "generic" tune and then should customize based on your upgrades, air/fuel and type of fuel. Mine was done a few months ago, we did a baseline, then headers and exhaust, then tune. My car makes about 550 hp now to th crank, we got ~40hp to the wheels. My dyno sheet is posted with base line and results. I bet I can run with a stock 458 now, it will be very close and the sound is epic. Good luck.

13. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    What is the cost sent to them?