New Ferrari owner - KS | FerrariChat

New Ferrari owner - KS

Discussion in '360/430' started by TAILWAG, Apr 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    This is my very first post after being a member for several years. I purchased my first Ferrari a couple of weeks ago. She is a 2007 F430 Spider. I could not be more excited! :)

She was welcomed by her roommates...they shared some sushi and bratwurtz...

[​IMG]

I had a list of things that I need to get done in order to get her to where I want.

1. The car has a lot of carbon fiber inside and out and I am somewhat familiar with that material. I refinished the rear splitter and wanted the "fins" to pop up a bit more so I added a little silver on the inner fins and I think it turned out pretty good.

[​IMG]

2. Amber delete - the color amber does not seem to match anything in a red car so I blacked it out with some vinyl...

[​IMG]

3. The plastic window on the convertible top showed a little wear and age. I used a "blue power" cleaner that I had used on the past in a few S2000's that I had owned and it seemed to work really well. It did the trick. The windows had been tinted so now it was pretty obvious that the plastic window wasn't. I decided to use a "clinger" material and it actually turned out great. I will take better photos when the weather cooperates and I have her outside. The trick is to cut the clinger a bit bigger (1mm) around so that it can be tucked between the plastic window and the canvas cover. Use water to apply and remove the water with a squeegee (hotel room keys work great) to get the water residue and just let it dry or use a hair dryer to accelerate the process.

[​IMG]

4. The V1 was hard-wired so now I won't get busted (at least, not so easily) and won't have that chord dangling everywhere. I got to test it with a couple of local prancing horses.

[​IMG]

5. The car has a clear bra and it shows a few scratches and smudges. I have done some minor paint correction but never on clear bra, so I am going to let a professional do this sometime next week when they have some time to work on her. I could not get it to show on photos...

The car runs like a champ. I bought her from a local friend, and she had bought it from a mutual friend as well. Both are very meticulous owners and could not be happier. As a welcome present, the artwork in the garage is getting updated so that she feels more comfortable sharing the space with the other roommates...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been an FCA member for a few years now and know a lot of the local members as well. I look forward to learning more about these cars.

2. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Great first post! Love the new Ferrari. Congrats and welcome.

3. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Wow!!! A member for 10 years and you finally post! That's awesome, and congrats on the 430! Drive it like you stole it!

4. Slayclops

Slayclops Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    K.B.
    Congrats! The 430 is really a splendid machine.

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Great! Congrats!! Have fun!

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Very nice! Congrats!

7. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    #7 TAILWAG, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Is it a coincidence that my membership is as old as my car? Hmmmm...

Oh...and I tried to edit my first post to see if I could get the photos to load up automatically but I was not able to do that. Are we not allowed to make edits to original posts, or am I not doing something right?

8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great first post Angel!!

There is a timer on how long you are allowed access to add/subtract from your post.

When making a post use the "manage attachments" button located below the "submit reply" button on the page and you can add photos there.

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Welcome to the family!!!!

S

10. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Congrats man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  12. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Nice stable. Congrats!

13. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Congratulations!! Enjoy it .

14. 360Kevin

360Kevin Rookie

Mar 24, 2017
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats. What a beauty.

15. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Congratulations

I'm a new owner as well, joined to do my research.
    Picked my Ferrari and took delivery at the end of February. 2007 Spider as well here.
    Now I just need some warm weather here in Michigan so I can take it for a good spin.

16. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    which "blue power" cleaner? my plastic window is also turning whitish and nasty looking

17. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    I will check the brand name tonight and post it - works great...you just need a terry cloth, use circular motions and apply a little pressure - then wipe out with a clean cloth and voila!

18. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    #18 TAILWAG, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Kiryu - the cleaner is called BLUE MAGIC and it is actually considered a Headlight Lens Restorer. They come in 8oz bottles. All car stores carry them - I just saw some at O'Reilly's for $ 6.99 - crazy cheap and they will last you YEARS.

I went ahead and added some stripes. I am still getting used to the look as it is quite a drastic change.

I printed these a bit narrower than the standard - I just wanted to add a little bit of color. I am not trying to make it look like a scud by any means.

I tried putting the stripe under the rear emblem, but it made it really weird - very difficult to read. I may delete it altogether, or even replace it with a sticker...but for now, I re-installed the emblem and trimmed the rear stripe to gap over it. I like that you can read the emblem better that way.

Next...headers and exhaust for a little more umphhh.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    Post some pics! Love that color!!

20. goldlifter

goldlifter Karting

Aug 8, 2015
    Congrats....from another KCSR member lol

21. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed
    Where did you get the stripe printed? More details/info on how that came about?

22. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    I have a friend with a vinyl printer - I just worked with him and gave him the sizes/width.