YELLOW HEADLIGHTS | FerrariChat

YELLOW HEADLIGHTS

Discussion in '360/430' started by BAD430BENZ, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    #1 BAD430BENZ, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I see a bunch of people doing the yellow film over their headlights and I think it looks good if you have other yellow accents ( calipers , badges , center caps , etc. ) . I do not have anything yellow left on my vehicle so I decided to keep the factory headlight and go with a 3000K bulb . It looks way better in person than in this picture but I said I wanted to post all mods I do in case others need references....so here you go .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Looks nice. I'm actually debating to tint my headlights yellow since I have yellow pieces on the exterior like calipers and such.

That will definitely stand out at night.

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Just be warned, the way the law is written in some areas, etc. changing the headlights to a different color can give a police officer probable cause to pull you over.

Nevermind the no front plate does that for me anyway! Besides, the only time I got pulled over in the Fcar, the officer asked if I would pull over!

4. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Looks rice imo

5. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I know all about all the laws for modding since I have done everything and anything to every car I have had and been pulled over numerous times in the past . Yellow lights are actually preferred under low visibility conditions , in which we have plenty of here since dust storms occur regularly .

Thank you !

6. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I never said you didn't know the laws, just pointing out a fact. Honestly, on a black car, I don't think yellow tinted covers would look that good, but I wouldn't have thought yellow looked good on the red GT race cars either...

Your car, your decision. Don't let others sway your decision. If it's what you want, go for it

7. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I didn't take any offense to it . I just figure that the yellow tint would draw more attention because it's constantly yellow instead of just when the lights are on . For the people that say "but you can just remove the tint if needed" , it is just as easy to change lights also . Lucky for me , law enforcement around here is not as harsh unless you are running red or blue lights in the front of the vehicle . "Fix it" tickets are very rare around here .

8. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Lucky you.

Thinking about it, I was running yellow bulbs on my 911 and never get pulled over here in Cali. The only time I got pulled over (twice actually), is when I got blue running lights.

Never got a ticket though, just warning but it got annoying so I changed it back to yellow.

9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Definitely bucking the trend with this color as everyone is going towards purer white or blue lighting.

Reminds me of the 80's when we all put on yellow fog lights lol

10. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Exactly...I like the look and if it draws too much attention , then I can easily switch back .

Pure white and blueish lighting come on almost all factory vehicle which is why I went another route .

I grew up in the 80s so maybe that's why I like these lights .

11. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    Be careful with the film. My son had yellow film on his 350Z headlights. Never took them off, now he can't. They're firmly adhered and stained. He has to replace the headlight cover if not the entire assembly.

12. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Exactly why I went with bulbs and not the film . I have seen the exact same thing happen .

13. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do like the yellow headlight look on my silver (argento) car. There are challenge cars with the same color combo.

However since mine has silver calipers and silver wheel, it looks very classy so I didn't go with the race car look.

14. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    weird coincidence, I saw a red import econobox drive on my street today with yellow headlight treatments. maybe youre at the start of a trend!

15. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    They yellow works real well in foggy areas. Light from the blue spectrum is hard on the guys eyes you are going to pass 2-60 feet away in a parallel direction and a closing speed of 130mph on highways in the US. Why would one want to blind the guy coming toward ones position.

Here is a link that explains lighting in great detail.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply