Eurolub 229.5 oil | FerrariChat

Eurolub 229.5 oil

Discussion in '360/430' started by baguns, Apr 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Anyone here use eurolub for their 430? Any thoughts/comparisons with other brands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Never heard of that brand.

Castro synthetic 0w-40 meets that specification and is branded as Euro spec.

3. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Why would you risk running such a generic covers all kind of economy oil in a ferrari. Or any car for that matter. Cheap oil only is cheap until it causes engine damage. Mechanics advice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    With all the well known high quality oils being sold at cheap prices in places like Walmart and Amazon why in the world do you want to experiment with a product no one has ever heard of?

5. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for the feedback. Looks like no one is really familiar with the brand. I never heard of it either, that's why I posted the question.

The price delta on these Euro Spec oils isn't that big given the costs of these cars to begin with, so it's not a point of going cheap to save a few bucks, but to understand if there are any technical differences between these oils or more marketing.

6. HIO Silver

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Ooops. My bad. I meant "Castrol"... but the smart guys knew that.

My local Walmart has five-quart jugs of Castrol Edge Synthetic 0W-40 for $22.97 each.... and you'll need two.

7. HIO Silver

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.