Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 360/430 - Sponsored by Yellow Compass Group

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
How am I getting a Slow Down light?!?

Ok, I started my car today..immediately greeted with an amber blinking "Slow down". Turned the car off for a few minutes, restarted, everything ok. Drove for about 2-3 miles, and greeted with the steady "slow down". Turned car off, restarted and drove home with no other issues.

I have aftermarket cats and my temp monitoring has been turned off, according to my PPI last year. How in the world am I all of a sudden getting the stupid light?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 08:49 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Curt
Bad vesicovini box (temp thermocouple ecu). If it has no temp ECUs.. then whatever they did is ****ing up. Simple as that. Look under the engine panels...
Old 06-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Alonso C.
01 360 Spider

.. happened to me too.. intermittent problem. I bit the bullet and, not knowing which was bad, replaced both thermocouple ECUS (signal data converters) and no more slow down light.

Dunno about the aftermarket cat mod but sounds like your ECUs are missing a signal.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:58 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

I also made the horrible mistake of not having the battery on the charger for exactly 1 night. Could it also be another temper tantrum due to that?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Heikki
I also had the ECU/box thing go bad. Developed a crack at one plug-end. Dealer replaced free of charge as I had bought the car second hand from them.

I can leave the car sitting a week and it starts up just fine, you would have to have a failing battery if it required the trickle charger every night just to run fine the next day. I believe some have mentioned their car firing up just fine even if it sits a few weeks.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Mikael E.
Same here. I have left my car sitting in the garage for a few days with no problems. Perhaps a good time to change the battery to a lighter one for weight savings.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Ill check the ECU's but the battery is less than a year old....o put ot back on the charger so Ill try to take it out again.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:18 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jes
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeck View Post
I also made the horrible mistake of not having the battery on the charger for exactly 1 night. Could it also be another temper tantrum due to that?
Not if your battery is decent.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-20-2017, 04:33 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Hugh G. Rection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeck View Post
Unlikely. Catalyst ECUs issues and bad thermocouplers are a common problem. I replaced at least two catalyst ECUs during my 10 year ownership of my 355. There are plenty of threads here on how to diagnose both components and determine which is defective. You should own an OBDII scan tool. Ebay has them for cheap. I have a ELM 327 scan tool with Bluetooth connection to my IPhone. I downloaded an free app for my IPhone. Works great. Cost all of $10 or so. Scanning codes can assist with narrowing which side is bad....then by swapping components left to right you can see if the problem moves.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by f355spider View Post
Unlikely. Catalyst ECUs issues and bad thermocouplers are a common problem. I replaced at least two catalyst ECUs during my 10 year ownership of my 355. There are plenty of threads here on how to diagnose both components and determine which is defective. You should own an OBDII scan tool. Ebay has them for cheap. I have a ELM 327 scan tool with Bluetooth connection to my IPhone. I downloaded an free app for my IPhone. Works great. Cost all of $10 or so. Scanning codes can assist with narrowing which side is bad....then by swapping components left to right you can see if the problem moves.
I have one....somewhere