F360 Gearbox oil and brake fluid DIY | FerrariChat

F360 Gearbox oil and brake fluid DIY

Discussion in '360/430' started by slracing, Jun 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    #1 slracing, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I`m getting a set off new tires fitted tomorrow, and at the same time thinking about changing the gear oil and brake fluid myself. Are there any good links on a DIY for both these jobs on the 360? Brands, quantity and so forth... will be tracking her.
    Appreciate your replies:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Download the WSM or see Aldous Voice home page for "how to..."

As for gear box oil; After extensive search I went for agip / eni Rotra LSX 75W90. WSM states 3,5 litres, but I found it hard to fill that much.

As for brake fluid - It's on my to do list...

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

u need another guy to help you out with the brake fluid change. unless you have some fancy tools

actually, preferrably 3 people.

one to pump your brake, one to release/tighten the bleed screw, one to observe/add fluid

4. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    Gear oil change info I used was here. Not really that hard to do, just time consuming if you don't have a lift.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/390476-diy-oil-service-360-a.html

Link to when I did my gearbox oil change my self. Although, just this last week I had Maranello Motorworks in Denver do my engine oil, and gearbox oil change....sure saved a lot of time.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/484091-there-step-step-thread-rear-bumper-removal-gear-oil-change.html

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    #5 cfensty, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    One person brake flush was a snap with a Motive bleeder (euro connection). Costs about $50-60. New OEM pads, measured and honed rotor surfaces, replaced old rubber lines with new SS lines and changed fluid. Brakes work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
  7. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Read somewhere that the rotor thickness should be 26mm minimum and are 27.94mm new. I would bet a lot of rotors get tossed and replaced with plenty of thickness left.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Thanks alot for quick replies guys...The car will be on a lift for easier access to complete the job. But still the rear bumper has to come of for the gear box oil change, right?

9. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    re gearbox fluid, read this thread, but be prepared to cry, laugh, and become more confused than ever;)
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/551557-360-f1-gearbox-oil.html

Brake fluid change is a one (1) person operation with a Motive Brake Bleeder
    https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Products-0100-European-Bleeder/dp/B0002KM5L0
    Not that fancy, but worth every penny.

10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    What I do, is when I have the car up on ramps for the oil change, I drain the gearbox and engine oil. Then what I do is remove the coolant tank and place it forward, supported on the engine, and remove the air filter box.
    This gives you access to the oil filler for the transmission. Undo it with an extension and u-joint. Fill and close back up.