Considering new aftermarket headers for my F430, which brand should I go with? | FerrariChat

Considering new aftermarket headers for my F430, which brand should I go with?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tifosi_, Jun 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Hello All,
    I am considering aftermarket headers for my F430 Spider (2008 with original manifolds already replaced by newer Ferrari Factory manifolds) so that I will stop worrying about the dreaded Ferrari fault. I have decided to keep the stock Ferrari exhaust to save the expense, and because like the look of the factory tips and I like the stock sound. My question is, which header brand should I go with? I have priced out Capristo's which are supposedly the best (?) but with the associated price to go with it, Fabspeed which are cheaper (where are they made?), and Kline Innovation which are cheaper still.
    Does anyone have experience with either of these headers (brands) or perhaps others I should consider? Any tips?
    Clyde

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    1000 posts on this. Capristo, Fabspeed, Topspeed, Agency... Pick one. They will all work better than factory. I have Fabspeed and they worked out well. With the S-Line exhaust and tune I have another 10% increase in power and great sound but it is aggressive which is what I wanted and enjoy.

3. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    I would replace EVERYTHING with Fabspeed ..... headers, cats, muffler, brackets, everything.

4. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    just realize that even replacing header only will be very very loud. Everybody been warned how loud it is, but still get surprised after the install. whatever you think it is, it is 50% louder.

you will need a header blanket, I also coated mine. many here do not agree on coating, but I use my local race shop, and they they work. you might also consider Capristo exhaust bracket. adding all up is a pretty significant cost.

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I just did top speed and love them. Don't overspend on headers they are damn near all the exact same design other then capristo. Top speed are only $800 and fitment is perfect. Not sure where everyone saying sound is greatly increased. Granted my exhaust is valved but there is no increase in sound with the valves closed. It only is louder when the valves are open and I would say at best 20% increase in sound levels. I think it sounds fantastic and is way quieter then all my prior Porsches with an exhaust. Now I still have the primaries in place I am sure without those it's a significant difference in volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. GG-33

GG-33 Karting

Apr 28, 2014
    Farnham, UK
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I did this mod last summer with Agency Power headers....they are supposed to be identical to Fabspeed. I chose coated but the reality is that the coating makes little difference to the underhood temps. My park-brake cable melted sometime during the last 8 months so Heat blankets will be needed.
    Also agree with the last poster.. sound is hardly any different with stock exhaust, until the valves pop open then maybe 20 - 25% louder.

GG

7. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I don't find this to be true. IMHO... The Fabspeed has a bit better quality and the bends are not so abrupt. Also, the collectors are a little more refine. With that being said, they are a lot cheaper that fabspeed. Top speed are one step below that.

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #8 Flea7, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Before I give my opinion. I am in no way affiliated with Kline. I just received a exhaust unit and was impressed by them. I just found out recently that they offer headers for the F430. The conversation has alway been..Capristo, Fabspeed, AP, ....even topspeed. This is another option with 2 materials.

The price on the SS unit is comparable to AP ...lower than Fabspeed (I'm running Fabspeed).

One thing they offer that I haven't seen any other company offer are headers for F430 in Inconel material with a compete system to match. The price of the headers in Inconel are inline with Fabspeed.

That material is light and durable !!! used in F1 exhaust and space programs. If anyone is looking for a super light exhaust system?.... Kline offers it. I wish I would have know.

Again, I am not affiliated with them. I think Fchat members should know and have all option in front of them. You can look them up via google

Good Luck with Modding!!

whatheheck likes this.
  9. Joe Y

Joe Y Rookie

Feb 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joseph Yarema
    Anyone familiar with Top Gear headers out of the UK?

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The capristo manifolds are made of T 309, where most of the rest are T 304. Very light and a work of art. Cannot say i noticed any change in noise level. No codes if you give it a couple of mins to warm up

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    never heard of them - but i havent looked. I have topspeed in a 360 - pretty crappy fit/workmanship but they work.

12. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    The low end torque advantage from the Fabspeed headers with their 200 cell cats is unreal

If you are in an unrestricted smog area this is a great way to go