FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | F430 SPORTLINE X-PIPE TEASER | FerrariChat

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | F430 SPORTLINE X-PIPE TEASER

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Jul 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hello all!

Quick teaser of Fabspeed's newly designed "Sportline" X-Pipe for the F430 platform. This mandrel-bent system really captures that F1 sound and aggression we're all looking to bring out in this chassis. The car in the video is equipped with our Sport Headers, Sport Catalytic Converters, and our new Sportline X-Pipe system.

Contact me directly for all information until this product is officially released. Lots more videos and photos to come! (Soon to be released for the 360 owners as well!)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcUtwWd5VnY[/ame]

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #2 Fabspeed Motorsport, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Project JF360

Project JF360 Karting

Oct 29, 2015
    UK/Portugal
    Full Name:
    J0hnF
    I'm sure there's a technical answer for somebody to wax lyrical over but why not run straight pipes into a twin outlet instead of using an x-pipe?

A cleaner-than-stock 4set-up would appeal to me so I'd like to know the benefits/drawbacks to each type of system.

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    because it sounds better with an X pipe, must say design looks good, almost as if somebody at Fabspeed has thought about this one for a change

5. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    An X-pipe is 100% necessary if you want to keep the Ferrari sound and not lose horsepower. combining the two banks together on the exhaust exit is part of the scavenging process and also helps the sound pitch.

If you look at any modern Ferrari factory race car they all combine both banks before splitting the pipe to exit.

hazimaw likes this.
  6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Exactly, well said. By combining exhaust pulses from both banks before exiting the back, it helps us maintain power and not lose any from potential back pressures problems while also drawing out that higher pitch frequency - which is exactly what most of us want from these platforms.

7. Project JF360

Project JF360 Karting

Oct 29, 2015
    UK/Portugal
    Full Name:
    J0hnF
    Thanks Muffler - what can I say, straight to the point answer. The kind of reply I like to see. My planned set-up has now changed from straight through to x-pipe. Ya gotta love the knowledge and advice available from this forum!

8. Project JF360

Project JF360 Karting

Oct 29, 2015
    UK/Portugal
    Full Name:
    J0hnF
    Is there a 360 version?

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  9. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long
    This looks awesome. What valves would you recommend with this? I heard something about vacuum valves? I want to be able to run in "good neighbor" mode AND beast mode.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thank you to everyone who has inquired and jumped on the deal to save big on our T304 stainless/CAD designed/mandrel-bent X-Pipe systems for the F430 platform! We are gathering more media for these new systems, and I will be posting up more driving clips for you owners looking for that aggressiveness that our Sportline system offers! Stay tuned!

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Have one in the fixture as we speak! Looking for some 360 owners that are looking for that higher pitch and aggressive tone to get in on introductory pricing so we can pump some out and get some media! We will be tossing one on ours as well :)

JoeTSI likes this.