Central locking not working | FerrariChat

Central locking not working

Discussion in '360/430' started by Salsero, Aug 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salsero

Salsero Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    MY
    Full Name:
    Rezal
    1. Was traveling for a few weeks so I disconnected the main battery switch in the front compartment (I don't have a battery tender)
    2. After 4 weeks, reconnected the batter disconnect
    3. Press central lock but the doors won't unlock
    4. Manually unlocked the passenger side door by inserting the key in the slot outside
    5. Unlocked the drivers from inside and turned the ignition
    6. Went through the reset cycle
    7. Turned on the engine
    8. Found out that the passenger door won't latch now but the driver door will lock
    9. Turning the key in the external slot doesn't make a difference
    10. Moved the latch manually with my finger but now the passenger door won't latch
    11. After a few times though, it finally latches
    12. But now I find that I cannot lock the car (both doors). The doors go through the lock/ unlock cycle but remain unlocked. Front compartment is closed

I've postings on actuators, stretched cables (car has 25k miles), faulty ECU, but with both doors not being able to lock, it's clearly a systemic issue.

I've used the battery disconnect before with no issues. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm sorta in the same boat. I am going Wednesday to an independent. Mine open on out side with key, lock and unlock with the key, but wont lock or unlock inside the car. It also has the window switches illuminated all the time. Tech said because of an open circuit. Are your switches on? Ill post what I find Wednesday.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    did you guys find a solution?

my doors wont stay locked.
    i press the key fob, they lock, and then they immediately unlock.
    i think the battery is fully charged since it was just running for a couple hours a few days ago, and then again today for about 45 minutes before i tried to loack it and noticed it wouldnt.
    ferrari of houston recently fixed the door cable, but thats the only work done on the doors that i know of.
    i tried cycling through the battery cut off, left it off for a few minutes, turned the battery back on, still same issue.

how do i fix this???

4. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Mine was the same- tried the cable adjustment, but ended up changing the centrallocking in the door. Never had issues after that. Good luck.