2009 430 scud battery life | FerrariChat

2009 430 scud battery life

Discussion in '360/430' started by baguns, Aug 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I purchased my Scuderia at the beginning of the year with under 18k miles on it and it finally has over $20k miles. So far so good - no issues. I'm preparing for the drive from Southern California to Monterey and the only thing that kind of concerns me is the battery. It looks to be the original optima battery and when I asked the dealer originally if the battery had ever been changed they said most likely not. I know typical batteries have a 7-10 year life span and they just seem to go out at the end of their life without much warning.

I do drive the car at least once per week and if I don't I hook it up to a battery tender. I will hook it up to the battery tender before my drive this weekend to make sure it's fully charged.

Just curious to know what type of battery life people are seeing out there and what sort of signs you might notice before the battery just goes kaput. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I bought my car in Dec 2007 and have 35k miles. Still on original battery

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    To be honest I have never gotten that life out of my 2008 Scud but usually don't use the battery charger and it gets left for 3 weeks at a time so that my be my problem

4. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA

Wow. Probably a testament to driving these machines as normal cars and surprise- maintenance will be similar to any other car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I hope that's true lol. I just hit 30k. Fingers crossed lol

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County