Air intake resonator | FerrariChat

Air intake resonator

Discussion in '360/430' started by dang2407, Aug 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    #1 dang2407, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I tried to purchase the Challenge Stradale air intake resonator for my 360, hoping for the different sound. My invoice gives the correct part number 201703, but the one already in my car is identical. Unfortunately, there are no prt numbers on the parts themselves.

So the question is, should they look completely different?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Hmmm, I know some are different. Like the Spiders have vent/drain holes in the front trumpet. Like vertical slashes about a half inch wide.

Since you have it off already, see if you can get a flexible plastic pipe of the right diameter to use in place of the rubber connecting cuff. I used Spectre flexible pipes in place of the stock rubber pipes on my 348 Spider and they sounded terrific, especially with a K&N filter. The cuff section on the 360 is short though, so after consulting with a couple guys on here with great pics, I decided not to pursue it on a 360. The accordion pipe is stiff enough that it resonates like a violin body and makes wonderful sound. At about 3200 rpm or normal cruise on the 348, it made a wraith like howl that I loved to call Ghost Mode. The diameter on the 360 is larger than the 4 inch pipes available from Spectre. Heck, dryer vent might work too but you don't want to go too far ;)