Spacer for Scud | FerrariChat

Spacer for Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by ahjayeson, Aug 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ahjayeson

ahjayeson Rookie

Aug 17, 2008
    Hi all,

I have a '09 Scud and I am considering whether to put in 10mm spacers so that the wheels would be more flush.

The consideration is, the set of spacer I am looking at has steel alloy wheel bolts instead of the factory titanium bolts. This, i feel, goes against the design philosophy of the Scud.

Would appreciate any comments and advice. Would love to hear from the guys who has gone down this road before and what options have they taken.

Thanks!

2. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    I have novitec spacers, 10mm in front and 15mm in rear. I also purchased the extended novitec titanium bolts. Definitely improves the appearance

3. GWARREND

GWARREND Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Use a quality hub centric set of spacers with extended bolts. You won't regret it.

4. ahjayeson

ahjayeson Rookie

Aug 17, 2008
    With this set of spacer, do you face any issues of scrubbing during hard driving? I intend to track my car and want to be sure that this setting is good for that as well.

Thanks!

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #5 f355spider, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    +1, I would be concerned with possibly fender clearance issues with the front. It has been shown to be an issue with 430s when using 10mm wider tires up front...same with lowering can cause contact in the front. Usually only when turning wheel full lock and under some compression....but can also occur on a track

6. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    In every car I've used front spacers, the steering has been effected negatively a bit. In some cars, it becomes slightly dulled where as in others, it becomes oversensitive to tramlining. Perhaps this can be remedied a bit with an adjustment in alignment. For street use they are fine and haven't caused any issues with rubbing. However, I'd probably remove them if I were to track the car.

7. ahjayeson

ahjayeson Rookie

Aug 17, 2008
    Hi Koop,

Thanks for your kind advice. Is it possible for you to post a couple of photos of your car with the 10/15mm spacers installed? Want to be sure that the offset is ideal, as I understand that novitec spacers comes in 10/15/20mm dimensions. Thank you!

8. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #8 redcaruser, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A Scud with the following spacers mounted: front 2x1,5cm (with longer titanium bolts) and 2x2,5cm on the rear axle (spacers with their own bolts on the car mounted, wheels with the original ti bolts on the spacers mounted). The car is 1,5cm lowered, the rear fenders have been adjusted. Driving behavior perfect, nice turn-in, tires MPSS in the original size, no rubber also under hard conditions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ahjayeson

ahjayeson Rookie

Aug 17, 2008

Looks fantastic!

May I know which brand of spacer did you use?

10. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    #10 koop, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. ahjayeson

ahjayeson Rookie

Aug 17, 2008
    Looks neat!

Thanks for sharing guys!

12. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Thank you ahjayeson.
    I use Powertech spacers, a German company.

13. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    i just did 10mm front and 15mm rear. it looks perfect