I just bought a CTEK mxs5.0, need a 12v cigarette plug | FerrariChat

I just bought a CTEK mxs5.0, need a 12v cigarette plug

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, Aug 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Ive just bought myself a battery tender, but I want to use the cigarette plug instead of installing it permanently. I hope this is noe a problem with a F1 1999 ?

Somebody has a link for the right "plug"?

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    if i recall from earlier posts, you cannot use a cigarette plug as the cigarette light shuts off with the ignition. Easy test, just see if the cigarette lighter works with the car off. I used the cigarette light plug to charge my porsches. don't think you can do it on your car. Model years might be different

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Just hardwire the pig tail plug to the battery under the dash by the passengers feet.

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The cig plug on my 360 is not switched power, so it can be used for a battery maintainer such as a CTEK. I used that connection for years without any problems. Ironically, after reading here that it's better to attach it to the power connection behind the driver's seat, within a short time, my alternator failed. Probably coincidence, as I continued to used the back of the seat connection (it's behind the panel behind the seat) without problems since.

If your connector looks like this, I think this is the plug you want, if you still want to use the cig plug. CTEK 56-263. About $10

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk