Lowering your 360 modena | FerrariChat

Lowering your 360 modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jaymie360, Aug 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Dear 360 owners,

Any of you guys have lower your car using the stock suspension? I just need a feedback on how the ride has been after we lowered the car. Usually we will feel a crashy ride after we lowered any car. Hope to get a feedback from fellow fchat member who have done this setup on their 360 modena.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I've done it . 360 has coilovers so it's easy to lower

3. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    How does it affect your ride? Do you feel the same as it was in stock height ?

4. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    Mine was already lowered when i bought it 10 yeara ago and the ride is great. Ahould realistically be the same as the travel of the suspension and shock etc is not compromised by geometry changes.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

5. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Fyi i will follow the challenge stradale ride height.

Margmike likes this.
  6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    What are you talking about? The geometry definitely changes as you lower the car and the suspension has less travel before it hits the stops too.

BUT, if you lower it reasonably there isn't a problem. Drop it 12mm or so from stock and you are in a good spot. When you do it you need a full 4 wheel alignment as well. At least you do if you want to maintain a similar setup to stock.

7. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Skidkid,

If i configure the ride height based from the cs measurement will it affect the handling as cs is using ti springs. Please advise sir.

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I lowered mine to CS height and I don't feel any noticeable difference

9. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Thanks for the +ve feedback mate

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The ride and handling should be fine. It won't make it handle like a CS. The Ti springs are lighter, reducing unsprung weight, and they are stiffer. As I noted, you will need an alignment when you lower (even to CS ride height).

11. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Here's a video of my lowered 360. It's lower than CS specs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2A634Wy0I4

There are certain part of the vid that is focused on the wheel and fender. Hope this helps in giving you an idea in the looks department.

My 360 looks way different now compared to how it looks when this video was shot but still the same stance / lowered ride height). :D

For some who don't like Club / Dance music, time to mute your speakers. ;)

eees likes this.
  12. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Hehe! I actually like it so no sweat. Go for it. Then get an alignment. You can always throw the switch out of sport to soften the dampers. I do it around the city. I have the perch wrenches and just rolled the fenders for my wider wheels and tires - still 18s. It's not slammed or CS height, but the front passenger lip snagged 5 times this past year. Now it's rolled at the apexex flush with the weather strip at about a 45' angle. I think it was lowered when I got it or has some spring sag. Drives fine still. Let me know if you want to buy or rent the fender roller.

13. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    Lowering the car 20mm wo t change the geometry so much that it will steer off the road. I am nowhere near the bump stops and everyone that has ever lowered a car gets a wheel alignment mandatory. The only differencr i have noticed in driving differences is mine turns in quickly without any push. If i can get it to push i am past the limit of front end grip.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

14. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Really nice stance you got there. Im sure you already rolled your fender.

15. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    John_K_348

Do you think i have to roll my fender if lower it down to cs spec? Fyi im using 19" cs wheels. And if we roll our fenders will it crack or paint job as i just did my paint work and i hate to see it ruined.

16. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Noted koss2j.

17. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    No, part of the procedure is too heat the paint with a gun and go sloooooow. Mine worked great. even after 5 snags the paint was still strong. only wear came from 2x4 rolling back the snags every time. No more. Urethane wheel on tool is very nice. CS wheels might not need it. Are they 8 or 8.5 inches wide? My OZS are 8.5 with 11mm spacer. obviously more flush,when straight. If your wheels appear tucked a bit still then you probably have room. Check at full lock left and right. And Lean on the fender to compress the damper.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

18. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I bought mine lowered. To me it drives just fine. Sport mode makes it quite a bit stiffer tho.

19. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Cant wait to lower it next week.

20. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Noted sir

21. Aintqik

Aintqik Karting

Mar 15, 2017
    South Jersey
    Full Name:
    RJ Cilurso
    My lower spring bushing is worn and folded over the upper spring nut. Helluva time trying to get it to budge. Always something.

22. diam4life

diam4life Rookie

Apr 18, 2016
    I have done mine ...no diff to the ride

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

23. diam4life

diam4life Rookie

Apr 18, 2016
  24. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I have lowered my car to CS ride height by adjusting the stock coilovers.

You need a 100mm and 80mm wrenches to do it. Oil and clean threads really well before opening the nuts. You might need to strain the springs a little to make the job easier. I used 9mm wide zip ties. 4 pcs around the spring will hold it.

Love the new look with less room between the tire and the wheel arches. I run 20mm spacers in the rear also. No problems. 19" Scud wheels.

25. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Lowered the car yesterday, did a corner weight and full precision alignment, change inner tie rod. Results are amazing. The car drives tremendously perfect. Waiting for pilot sport cup 2 this monday.

Thank you all for your kind feedback and sharing your experiences in this subject.

Thanks.

Regards
    JJ