F430 Clutch Problem-please help!!! | FerrariChat

F430 Clutch Problem-please help!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 575M, Jul 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575M

575M Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    I have a 2007 f430 with 2500 miles. The clutch burnt out at 1000 miles and was replaced by the auto gallery. I drive the car to and from work and drive it very softly. The car has been stalling and I took it back to the auto gallery and they are telling me I need another new clutch after just putting 1000 miles on the new second one. I feel their is something terribly wrong with my car. The auto gallery is claiming it is my fault and I am responsible. Anyone have advice? How could 2 cluthes burn out on a brand new car??????

2. justin993

justin993 Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Justin993
    F1 or 6 speed?

3. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Wow that's crazy.

Of course they would say it's your fault. It's your car, your problem, there for it's your fault. They need your money after all.

"Always deny and make counter accusations"

4. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As Justin993 said, is it a stick or F1?
    I would also recommend you to take the car to Beverly Hills service, get a second opinion.

5. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Regardless if it is a 6 speed or F1, something is definitely wrong.

6. sprite

sprite Karting

Jun 26, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Something is definitely wrong.

7. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hm, this is the first time I've heard of someone's clutch needing replacing twice in under 5k miles. There's definitely something wrong here. I do think we need to know whether its a 6 speed or an F1. On an F1 I can definitely tell you that if you use your 430 for daily commute, to never to drive it in auto mode. It'll only reduce clutch life relatively quick in stop and go traffic. On a 6 speed, there may be something terribly wrong with the car itself. It could be anything related to the transmission or driver error. Not saying its because of your driving though. Dealers can be a real pain about problems like that it seems. Take it to another dealer for a second opinion. I hope you can get your 430 running right again. Best

8. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If it’s a stick and the clutch is functioning up to par once he takes possession from AG, then they will definitely blame his left foot. “Pilot error” .
    With the F1 there are million reasons why the clutch would be toast within 1000 mi.

9. 575M

575M Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    It is a f1

10. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Have you checked your F1 fluid level? Reservoir might be low and/or leaking.

11. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Is there anything unusual about the way it feels when you drive it, before it's worn out???

12. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

An F1 clutch can burn just as quickly or more quickly than a traditional clutch. Of course, this is not to say that it is your fault.

Reverse is critical with these cars. I've seen folks kill their clutches when going into reverse with an F1.

In general, the F1 really has to be shifted like a manual transmission. In fact, it is a manual transmission. Driving it as one would drive a car with an automatic transmission will kill the clutch in no time.

Do you feel that you have been driving the car as you would drive a car with a conventional manual transmission? Do you have prior experience with the F1?

13. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    The other key other than reverse when commuting is no going 1.5mph - any less than about 5mph and you are dragging the clutch. If you are in stop start, leave a bit of a gap, then get going properly and then coast in neutral if necesseary. If you are "coasting to a stop" at less than 5mph either flip both paddles and do it in neutral or make sure you keep your foot on the break (only lightly is good enough) you will feel the car engage the clutch to just leave you rolling. Oh and with this approach, get used to people sneaking in front of you in a line :)

I have 20K on my CS with only about 20% clutch wear and no problems so far on my 430Scud with 2K.

14. Guy Webster

Guy Webster Karting
    BANNED

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Guy Webster
    How do you know they actually changed it the last time? Did you see the old parts? Did you see your car apart?

?

15. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Something is weird here. I have 19,000 miles on my 06' with an F1 and have plenty of clutch life left. I also bought my car and have it serviced at AG and they have been top notch.
    PM me and maybe we can compare notes?

16. wheredidtheygo

wheredidtheygo Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Michael C.
    I have 55000 Kms on my car and am only 43% left on my second clutch. I let my car be used by most of my friends. I cant see your car running through that many .. Mine is also a F1.. Good luck as there is something wrong..