Aftermarket Scuderia Stripes | FerrariChat

Aftermarket Scuderia Stripes

Discussion in '360/430' started by modena, Aug 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Are there aftermarket 'factory' stripes available for the 430 Scuderia (like there is for the CS)? Would it be possible to get a black Scuderia without a factory stripe and then have a removable stripe installed so in theory you could get the grey stripes then when you're bored of them get red stripes and then when you want to sell remove the stripe altogether? I think this would be a pretty good option, especially for Scuderia customers getting custom color stripes.

2. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    Unlike the CS, the stripes on the Scuderia are painted. In fact, the stripes on my Scuderia are custon in terms of paint color. Of course, an able-bodied shop can probably make stripes for you without problem - Do a gogle search and I have a feeling that you will find many places that can and will do what you want ..... for a price.

3. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    That's not just a great theory, but a very feasable one. :)
    We should have the Silver Scuderia stripes available on our website some time next week and we anticipate being able to take orders for custom ones shortly after.
    Watch this space. ;)
    Ciao
    Brenden

4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Brenden, do you know if they shipped out my CS stripes yet? Mark Wyant - Dallas, Texas

Thanks
    We now return you to your regular programming

5. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Who's buying the after-market Scud stripes ? How many Scuds have been bought/ordered without the stripe?

G

6. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Yes Mark, it's on it's way and if UPS are on the ball, you should have it by the end of the week. :D
    Ciao
    Brenden

7. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Probably about the same ratio as for the CS.
    But like the CS Stripe, I would expect to see the Scuderia Stripe on a variety of F cars, especially when we start providing them in different colors.
    Like our CS Stripe the Scuderia Stripe will be produced to fit any F car. (It will self destruct on anything else) :D
    Beside the fact that we supply 2 hood segments in the kit (stone chips), all the segments are 4 feet long, including the one for the engine lid, so you could even put one on a Queen Mary (365GT 2+2) :)
    Ciao
    Brenden

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Brenden, thanks for the update.

9. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    they should be available soon per Brenden.

10. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    #10 Frenzo, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All the problems are solved, it is done, they are perfect and they are in the store NOW :):):):):)
    One small issue, it might be a couple of days until the website is updated.:(
    For those of you who are interested the price will be US$395.00 inclusive of shipping.
    As soon as the website is updated, you will be able to order them in the normal manner.
    We will also make, to special order, any requested color combination. These will be US$495.00 inclusive of shipping with about 4 weeks delivery.
    You can PM me or email us on the website for any further info.
    Ciao :)
    Brenden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Brenden, is this a picture of a 430 that you did or is it factory?

12. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    One he did, look at the front plate! Awesome work!

13. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    #13 PCH, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
    Front plate is not an indication of anything but the name of the business. Based on the seats, front bumper and mirrors, it certainly appears to be a Scuderia. So the question is, is the stripe factory or memorex?

14. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    The picture was taken last week, the stripe is one of ours.
    It's a Scuderia which belongs to a friend, that came without a stripe.
    Like the CS Stripe, you have to run your fingers over it, to feel the edge, to realise it's not a factory stripe.
    The silver is a perfect match and the high gloss clear cover makes it indistinguishable from the real thing.
    It will look fantastic on any Ferrari.:)
    Ciao
    Brenden

15. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Brenden,

Still have not receive my CS stripe. Can you check to see what happened?

Thanks

D. Mark Wyant
    Dallas, Texas

16. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Mark,
    Please don't hold me responsible for the slow internal service UPS provides, and unfortunately you're also at the wrong end of the country.
    I explained that we tracked something recently and it took 4 days from AUS to LA and 10 days from LA to Detroit.
    I obviously never get any complaints from the guys in California.
    We use UPS because it is by far the most economical for us and we want to keep the overall cost of the products reasonable.
    That may not sound very business like, but I suppose I'm a Ferrari enthusiast first and a business man second.
    In future if anyone wants anything in a hurry, just specify FedEx or DHL and I'll add it to the bill.
    Anyway Mark, one good thing, UPS has never lost anything of mine yet and I'm confident yours won't be the first.
    Just hang in there, it will turn up.:):)
    Ciao
    Brenden
    And please post when it does turn up, I'll feel vindicated then.;)

17. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Not only the bad quality pictures, but a very bad quality job.
    I'm very happy to say THAT IS NOT OUR PRODUCT and whoever did the job had no idea what they were doing.
    Seeing as I have elected myself to be the critic, I had better explain what's wrong with it.
    First of all the shape is nothing like the Scuderia stripe, they obviously didn't have a real Scuderia with Stripe to work from.
    If they had, they would have realised something else, the parallel lines on the Scuderia hood are an optical illusion.
    In fact the space between the lines at the badge is 2.5" and at the windscreen it's 3.5".
    It's the fact that the stripes are tapered that makes them appear to run parallel.
    All Scuderia owners will now race out to their cars and measure in disbelief. :confused::eek:
    Guys, next time you think you see one of our products, ask the owner first, because ours are pretty hard to pick from the real thing.:D
    Ciao
    Brenden

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ok, no problem...

Mark

19. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Brenden, they look great. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Are they difficult to put on the car? Any suggestions? Do any instructions come with the stripe?
    Or should we get a professional to put it on?

20. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    We do provide some comprehensive instructions with it and they are also in the PDF on the web page.
    However, we generally tell customers to take it to a signage professional.
    You have got to have some really good skills at putting on decals to be able to tackle it yourself.
    Seeing as how we provide a completely finished product ready to put on, a professional can do it in a couple of hours.
    I noticed from the pictures that one of the Swiss cars had it put on incorrectly as well.
    We supply them correctly spaced apart, as long as they put it in the middle, they can't go wrong.
    Actually I'm waiting for a Scuderia owner to post and concur my figures. :)
    Ciao
    Brenden

21. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Hi guys,
    The website has been updated and the Scuderia Stripes are in stock.
    They can now be ordered via our normal order process.
    Remember to put on the order in the delivery instructions that you are an F Chat member for your 10% discount.:)
    This discount applies to our other products as well.:)
    Ciao
    Brenden

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Brenden how are the stripes selling? Any custom color orders yet?

23. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Like hotcakes. :) :) :)
    The silver are the most popular, but we have sold white ones and a set of gold ones.
    Actually I expect to sell a few gold ones.
    Traditionally the Ferrari competition and race cars had gold wheels and the gold wheels with the gold stripes makes a really nice combination.
    But the silver will be the most popular, it combines best with most colors and the standard silver wheels or the BBS wheels.
    However, if you have a Scuderia with a factory stripe and you would like to try a different color or match the stripe to your wheel color, we can color match it and you could put one of ours over the top, just like photoshopping, only on a real car. :)
    We have a color match for the metallic charcoal wheels that were supplied on a lot of Scuderias. :)
    I will leave it to your imagination. :) :) :)
    Ciao
    Brenden