Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 360/430

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

f430 launch control

I ask a question about launch control in another thread and was told it was country specific. I have a 07 430 and was wondering if this is something that can be added by ferrari. I watched the video with the yellow 430 and it looked like a lot of fun using it. Any help would be appreciated.
I usually just lurk but this seems to be the place to get all the answers.

Thanks
Joe

Last edited by rolltheyo; 01-20-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Martin J Weiner,M.D.
No, there is no way Ferrari will provide a mechanism for LC in the 430 here in US.Supposedly,reason is insurance liability concerns. Furthermore, a few vigorous launch control starts will fry the clutch. I have launch control on my CS and never have nor will use it.The 430 is plenty fast and not a drag racer!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw575 View Post
No, there is no way Ferrari will provide a mechanism for LC in the 430 here in US.Supposedly,reason is insurance liability concerns. Furthermore, a few vigorous launch control starts will fry the clutch. I have launch control on my CS and never have nor will use it.The 430 is plenty fast and not a drag racer!
Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw575 View Post

Pretty mush similar story to the Nissan GTR issue...
Nissan's removing the LC option for their next round of GTR production due to liability issues.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Captain Slow
"Liability" is a code word for "I don't understand the law so I won't do it because I'd rather be scared than learn the law, even though Lambo has launch control on the Gallardo."

Would somebody show me some court cases where launch control was any factor whatsoever? There's got to be some other reason that Ferrari is being a baby about this.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Silly that it's removed for liability reasons. My daily driver bmw 540 has a traction control defeat switch- I had to defeat it to get up my snowy/icey driveway the other day- if I exit my driveway crooked and hit my mailbox, can I sue BMW becuase the switch was on there? Ha!