What Tire Pressures to run for Hankook Ventus V12 evo on 360 | FerrariChat

What Tire Pressures to run for Hankook Ventus V12 evo on 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by bigred, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigred

bigred Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    I just installed 4 new Hankook Ventus V12 evo on my 360 Coupe. What tire pressures should I be running? Will it be different from the Michelin Pilots that were on the car? Aprreciate any help.

2. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've never changed pressures between tire brands. Whatever PSI you had in the Michelins will work just fine.

How are you liking those tires? Plenty of talk about them lately and I'll likely try a set myself.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  4. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Well there you have it, thanks Terry. I saw that thread a few days ago but quite honestly stopped reading midway into the debate.

It looks as if there are some good numbers in there to start with for the Hankooks.

5. bigred

bigred Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    My initial reaction was that the Hankook's ride better than the the Michelin's I had on there before and they are quieter. I could not really test them at any type of speed or curves as I was coming home in rush hour traffic and also wanted to put a few easy miles on the tires first. I started out with 35lbs front and 40lbs rear till I see where I should be.

6. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have the same tires on my car and they are quiet. So far have about 500 miles on them and they have been great!

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Too bad they do not have a 355/25 19 size for the rear of my car. Might be worth trying. The bloody Pirellis are ~$600 each.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. Aztar

Aztar Rookie

Nov 14, 2008
    New York State
    My overall experience with these tires at this point is pretty positive. See the other thread.
    I think Hankook has introduced another version of its sports tires. Check the speed rating and see if that other, perhaps newer, version comes in your size.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #9 tazandjan, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Aztar- Unfortunately not. Plus my four tires are only two weeks old, so it will be a while before I need new ones, thank goodness.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I have Hankooks on my CS and they are great:)

11. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Andrew- check your owner's manual- Ferrari actually has different pressures recommended for different tire brands....now if someone could notice the difference driving on the street I don't know :)

12. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have the Bridgestone RE050's which aren't listed in my manual anyway, so I've just been doing 33.5 front, 34.5 rear. Like you said, I can't tell any discernable difference on the street as I'm certain I'm not driving it hard enough. If I put the Hankooks on I'll likely start at those pressures and see how it feels.

13. bigred

bigred Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    I sent an e-mail to Hankook asking them what pressures they reccommend. I should have an answer from them tomorrow and I will post it here.

14. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    THis was covered for the last 2 weeks in great detail spoke with them last week to help you out

Blair,

You can use the recommended air pressure of 29 psi in the fronts and 32 psi in the rears given by Ferrari.

Best regards,

Juan A. Britos
    Assistant Manager
    Technical & Service Team
    Hankook Tire America
    1450 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07087
    (973) 406-3614
    (973) 633-9980 fax

15. bigred

bigred Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    This was my response from Hankook:

You can use 32 psi air pressure all around.

Best regards,

Juan A. Britos

Assistant Manager

Technical & Service Team

Hankook Tire America

1450 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07087

(973) 406-3614

(973) 633-9980 fax

16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I really enjoy hearing such positive feedback on Hankooks. I would recommend them on your other vehicles as well.

I had V or Z rated 275/40/20 on my truck back in 2005 until I sold it in 2006. Even in my truck the traction I experienced in wet and dry was better than any tire I had tried (had the truck for 7 years). As was the wear. People use to knock them and I'm so glad they're getting so much recognition these days b/c they deserve it.

17. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    Funny how people are coming around to praise the Hankooks, when I first put them on my car back in Dec. I felt like they were looked down on here.

Great tires, especially for the money.

18. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I purchased a set of Hankook 215-45R-18XL front
    275-40R-18XL Rear
    Just put them on 3 days ago, Ride is softer and handling is great.
    I am going on the 150 mile run this weekend so I will know lots more on these when the ride is over. I have not had a chance to feel the difference in traction
    My 1st impression these are a great tire and at a great price

19. Aztar

Aztar Rookie

Nov 14, 2008
    New York State
    #19 Aztar, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Terry, that is good news that you can wait. (BTW, your car is one of my favorites of all time.)
    As you can see, I simply have the stock 18's on mine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Aztar

Aztar Rookie

Nov 14, 2008
    New York State
    With over 400 miles now on the Hankook Ventus V12 tires, they're making me feel like I made a good investment all around.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Aztar- Very pretty and looks very well maintained. For some reason, I am partial to red, also. With brand new tires you are not looking for new wheels, but I have freind who usually has either CS or F430 wheels in stock if you ever decide to change. I even have a set of centerlock 360/430 Novitec NF1s for sale.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

22. rss04

rss04 Karting

Apr 14, 2008
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Damn, Taz, aren't the centerlocks the wheels you bought a few months ago...just moments before I was going to buy them, I might add!!
    I just put on a set of Hankooks today. If I had know you were selling those wheels, I would have waited.
    I guess I need to read these forums more often.
    Very nice car BTW.

23. Aztar

Aztar Rookie

Nov 14, 2008
    New York State
    Thanks, Taz, but you're right; I'm not looking for new wheels. I will keep that in mind if someone asks. I'm located in NY state BTW.

24. F360Dave

F360Dave Karting

May 13, 2009
    The Hankook's are incredibly inexpensive - a set of 4 comes to $566, plus a $50 rebate offer, this bringing the price to 516...

25. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

300 miles on my CS with new Hankooks........they are performing admirably :) :)