Stoptech 380mm 6 Piston Front Brake Kit Now Available | FerrariChat

Stoptech 380mm 6 Piston Front Brake Kit Now Available

Discussion in '360/430' started by VividRacing, Nov 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #1 VividRacing, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These kits are now available for your 360 99-06.

Even though Ferrari comes from the Factory with great performance, the StopTech 380x32 rotors and 6 Piston caliper provides the 360 with a more balanced breaking solution. The larger rotors allow for more heat capacity and the larger caliper reduces system compliance. A brake system with inadequate heat capacity will overheat leading to brake fade, increased stopping distances, and possible failure.

StopTech has designed this Big Brake kit with performance in mind. The larger calipers and rotors are not just for show. StopTech has developed this kit to improve brake balance and pedal feel. With quality products and highly engineered design, StopTech's Big Brake Kit will give your Ferrari the advantage on the road as well as the track.

Honestly I can tell your from first hand experience its a great improvement over our factory brakes.

The kits are available in black, yellow, red, silver and blue. Disks can be slotted or drilled.

Retail is $3395 for the kit, we also have the 2 piece rear rotors avalable with new pads and lines for the rear factory calipers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 Ingpr, Nov 10, 2010
    Great product!
    I got one as well and love the quality and it is insane big!
    I will post pictures when it is installed this weekend.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rob- Those are some great looking brakes and that is a really good price. Bigger brakes not only look great, but provide a surplus of stopping power after protracted use.

The rear brakes on the 360 and F430 are the same size, but I guess the parking brake drum has slowed down producing them. Any plans for 380 mm rear brakes? You have the rotors and pads, all you need are the hats with parking brake drums.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah if someone has the need to move into a rear kit we can offer Brembo GT or GTR kits. That is the best of the best and gives us alot of options for customers that are heavily tracking the cars.

The Stoptech kit would be a great addition to someone that enjoys the car on the street, few track days a year. It was a noticeable improvement in peddle feel and stopping power.

Regarding the pricing if anyone is interested send me a pm. Happy to help the F-chat community.

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    These will fit under the OEM wheels?

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #6 tazandjan, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    Mike- Good question. 380 mm is 14.96", so it looks like they will, but Rob undoubtedly knows the answer to that. That is the size of the largest Brembo kit for 575Ms, which also have 18" wheels standard.

That kit looks like the best investment of $3300 for a Ferrari I have seen, especially if they can provide them with Ferrari decals. Cost me $400+ for the decals and repainting on mine.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    No they won't, I can get the brake templetes to anyone that is interested.

First person to order one of these kits i'll comp a set of rear disks $995.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rob- The investment just got better.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    I just check using my template and it wont fit. It also dont fit my black wheels which are 19" front!!

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- You are going to have to provide a translation for that post. I got confused between back, black, and front.

Rob- They will fit 19" CS and F430 wheels, I assume? Your original post said 360 99-06, which is way up into F430 production. 360 and F430 brakes are all 330 x 28 mm F&R except for the CCMs.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

11. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #11 Ingpr, Nov 10, 2010
    Sorry Taz,
    I meant these other wheels I own. Those are 19" front and 20" rear. You really need to check it with the template rob provides;

12. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah deep lips and big brakes don't merge well.

13. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    At that price, it's a bargain even though Brembos still look better. So the Ferrari logo needs to be painted on by the buyer after HD strips the calipers off it's original paint?

14. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Rob can paint it for you if you want. I sent it to my friend at a local shop.

15. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Do these fit the F430 as well?

Is it available as the Trophy kit (the machined calipers, a lighter system)?

Thanks

16. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Stoptech doesn't do a F430 kit, I would suggest Brembo GT, we just sold a front and rear 430 kit and are painting them so I will showcase the process.

If you need a brembo kit, we are one of the largest brembo distributors in north america, so I've got you covered. Call me and we can work out what you might need.

17. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I just wanted to say that I ordered front and rear brembo Big Brake kits for my 2008 Supercharged range Rover.

I dealt with Rob at Vivid and these guys are great. They offered me the best price I could find anywhere on the net as well as being totally up front with lead times etc etc

18. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks Chas,

I swear on the bible I didn't pay him to say that.....

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

20. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    1+
    great guy to deal with!
    I bought several parts including brakes, wheels, Capristo, headers, test pipes and others.

And I'm no associate with him on any matter, just think that this is my way to thank him for all the great treatmen and awesome prices!

21. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #21 VividRacing, Nov 16, 2010
    Here are some pictures of a customers F430 Brembo front and rear kit. He asked to have the calipers redone and the ferrari logo added in black.

Sorry did get any pictures of the actual paint but here is the stock brembo rotor. Then we had it painted, this only has one coat of clear and needs to be re done. I will get another pictures once they are ready to ship.

22. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #22 Ingpr, Nov 21, 2010
  23. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    They look nice its amazing what a pain it is to find wheel that clear these brakes.....

Car looks good.

24. Rob@VividRacing

Jul 15, 2014
    Guys, bringing this sale back from the dead have a deal on one front 380 red drilled kit for the 360. Save $600 from what we normally sell this kit for if interested please call or send me an pm. Only one brake kit available at this price.

We can paint the ferrari text for you if you want for an added cost.

Rob
    480-966-3040 x227

25. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Just pm you....