Bluetooth pairing instructions | FerrariChat

Bluetooth pairing instructions

Discussion in '360/430' started by ELP_JC, Feb 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Can anybody help? Took me an hour to read all threads I could find, and not a single mention how the hell to pair the thing. And yes, car came with all manuals, and there's no mention of BT, other than to read the manual from the 'Scaglietti'. And the 'infotainment' manual is just for phone service, and you need a SIM card. Pressing the communications button on my head unit (the one with the envelope) returns a 'not installed' message, just like the navigation button. I must press something to activate the pairing mode on the head unit.

And I named the thread appropriately so future owners can find something. Not fun wasting time like this. And I could bet cash money somebody will still b*tch that I didn't search enough < ha ha>. Thanks gang.

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #2 Need4Spd, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    Are you sure your unit actually has BT? BT on stereos rarely have off buttons and are configured to seek out other BT receivers as soon as power is applied via the ignition, even if the amp for music is turned off. If you turn on your phone, and set BT to discover, it should pick up a signal from your unit and display it as an option. You will need a pairing code the first time, but I think others said it's something generic like 0000 or 1234. If you turn on your phone to BT discover and nothing shows up, your car probably doesn't have BT. Take a look at this response to your other thread. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140312636&postcount=8

3. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #3 ELP_JC, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    It has the phone buttons, so am pretty sure it does. That it works is a different story :).
    Have yet to try pairing it, but was trying to get the darn instructions to erase all previous pairings first, since if it's full, it won't pair. And to know all other features, like how many phones you can pair, how to switch phones (if 2 paired ones are in the car), etc. Somebody has to have those instructions. One post back in '05 mentioned getting the bluetooth instructions (6 pages) from his dealer, but he hasn't replied; probably out of the 430 fold by now. Hope to find them and post them here so others won't have such a hard time finding them. Thanks for your reply.

4. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Well, tried pairing my phone and couldn't do it. My BT picked up 'Ferrari.... ' at the third attempt, failed to 'auto pair' it (as expected), but failed to pair with codes '0000', '1111', and '1234' (NOT expected). Now what? Any ideas? Thx.

5. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Does anybody know if the bluetooth option is connected in any way to the head unit? Since it's not mentioned at all in the 'infotainment' manual, I doubt it. But just wanted to make sure, since resetting the radio would reset the bluetooth as well, erase previous pairings, and hopeully accept the '1111' or '1234' pairing code. Thanks.

6. rharon

rharon Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks for the help invent coolant issue.

I hope this helps you.

First get in your car turn on your Bluetooth and search from your phone. Next the car will ask if it's ok to allow your phone. Answer yes. Then it will ask you for a code. "you pick your own code", in my case it was 2222. Then your phone pops the question would you like to pair if yes then the code area pops up. In which case you use what you just entered. My case again was 2222. Bingo connected.

By the way. The stereo in the f430 is a bear to use.

7. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Thanks a lot Rharon; greatly appreciate your help. When I tried to pair it, the car never asked me anything; I just put my phone in 'discovery' mode and after the 3rd search, it finally found 'Ferrari 6V... ' or something like that. Tried to pair it, but 'autopair' failed, so phone asked me for a code. Tried '1111', '1234', '0000', and '9999', and nothing, so gave up. Maybe my volume is all the way down, but have no idea how to adjust it... or anything else.

Let me ask you: Did you turn your stereo on first, before trying to pair your phone? And does the stereo have anything to do with bluetooth? It was strange to me in the 'infotainment' manual no mention of bluetooth at all; seems like a separate option, but nobody seems to know anything about it. And worse, nobody has any instructions. Must be a way to clear or erase previous pairings, to adjust volume, etc. Thanks again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

8. rharon

rharon Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    My stereo was on.
    My iPhone 4 found something like "Ferrari612" or something like that.

Search via your phone then the car will ask you if it's ok to allow. That will show on the stereo. Then it will ask for a code. That's your own code that you can pick. It took me a while.

My car does have the Bluetooth option.

What kind of phone???

9. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    It's a Samsung; nothing fancy (refuse to 'upgrade' to a fancy phone as I don't want to become a slave of technology, and expect to return emails and such immediately :). But it works perfectly on my other cars.

Remember I'm talking about an '06 F430. Do you own a 612? If an F430, do you control the BT volume with the stereo volume, like in other cars? Wish I could get my hands on factory instructions. This is the first time I hear the car is supposed to talk back during pairing. Thanks again.

10. rharon

rharon Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    I have an 07 f430. Try to search for the car with the stereo on. Let me know what happens.

11. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Will do that. Wonder if I can try after just turning the stereo on, or if it has to be after starting engine as well.
    And you're right about the stereo; it's impossible to adjust anything under way safely, plus can't see crap in daylight. I only adjust the volume unless I catch a red light, when I have time to see which tiny button is the 'seek forward' or whatever.

12. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Rharon, no go buddy. Finished the battery job yesterday, put safety code on radio, CD started playing immediately, put phone on discovery mode, found 'Ferrari.....', but no sound thru the speakers. Tried pairing it with the code '2222' and nothing. Tried all previous ones as well and still nothing. I was hoping the stereo reset itself, but didn't, as the sound settings were still the same. Remember seeing resetting instructions, but I'm almost positive the bluetooth deal is separate from the stereo, or it'd be listed under the 'infotainment' manual.

If somebody runs into this thread and has instructions or a way to make it work, I'd really appreciate it. HATE to have a feature and not being able to use it, especially when it seems to be working, but lack of instructions prevent me from doing so. Oh well. Thanks anyway for all your help.

13. Purkinjie

Purkinjie Karting

May 27, 2010
    Cape Cod, MA
    Full Name:
    Gordon K. Nakata
    I also have been frustrated with this as well. I transiently paired my iPhone 3GS with my '06 F430. Tried every combination of car on first etc. Spoke with my house once but have not been able to reproduce it. I have scoured the forums, googled and read the manual. As far as I can tell the model of Becker head unit you have may be the difference. I don't know how to research this. The unit may have changed between '06 and '07. Pretty disappointing as Bluetooth is a major safety factor for someone like me who is constantly on the phone. Let me know if you resolve this.

Gordon

14. rharon

rharon Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    PM ME your phone #

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Not that this is helpful, but I found the only way to resolve this was to buy a 458. It works properly and easily on the 458, I eventually got my 430 and my 07 599 to pair, but once I made a call at anything other than stationary all the other party on the phone could hear was engine noise at my end. My 08 612 has never paired with either of my phones (Blackberry and iphone). My 458 paired and worked fine, as amazingly does my 599 GTO.

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I can see me now. "Hon, you know how I've had that Bluetooth problem? Well, I solved it!" "No, I didn't have to get a new phone." "Instead I got a new car; a 458!"

I've actually never missed having BT in my 360. The top is down most of the time and with the Tubis its so hard to hear the caller or for the caller to hear me I just don't use the phone in the car. It's very liberating.

17. Purkinjie

Purkinjie Karting

May 27, 2010
    Cape Cod, MA
    Full Name:
    Gordon K. Nakata
    great point.

18. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Done. Thanks man.

And no, I'm not losing sleep over this issue, but if I have the option, would like to make it work... even if it works like crap < ha ha>. Good day gang.

19. vasans64

vasans64 Rookie

Apr 17, 2014
    Hi Guys
    Im able to pair the bluetooth with the stereo but am not able to answer the phone when it rings. Shouldnt it be via the stereo system? any help please

20. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew &amp; Kristen V.
    In a 430 you just hit the green button in between the seats to pick up calls once the phone is paired and it makes that beep through the stereo.

21. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Is anyone actually able to use Bluetooth successfully? No one can ever hear me clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew &amp; Kristen V.

That is a problem. Sound quality in bound is not good either. I really only use mine for WAZE app to alert road conditions or to run google maps for navigation. I've not been able to figure out why phone use sound quality is not so great.

23. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I noticed a Bluetooth symbol on my stereo after I activated Bluetooth on my phone on day. Does this mean I can stream music to the stereo? I don't remember the Becker infotainment manual saying anything about this.

24. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew &amp; Kristen V.
    I don't think this radio can stream and even if it did the sound quality through Bluetooth is not good and worlds different than the radio sounds with FM or a CD.

25. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob