Making the Scuderia/16M Interior better | FerrariChat

Making the Scuderia/16M Interior better

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430GT, Oct 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    #1 F430GT, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As much as I like my lightweight Scuderia, I like the look of these wheel arch covers much better. Combined with proper floor mats, they really make an improvement on the interior look of the Scuderia and 16M. I think the weight gains are so minimal, that it's worth the upgrade.

I just can't find the part# for these covers.

The original option in the Scuderia/16M was:

- Underdoor Molding and Wheel Arch in Black Alcantara BATA $2,260

Any idea on who carry these covers?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    #2 Russell996, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    I believe this is standard for 16M, option for Scud. I think retrofit cost will be far higher than option cost originally but you never know.

3. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    I ordered mine from Andrew Rogers from Toronto, Canada for less than $500-/set. I believed that it is the exact same one as the pic shown above. his e mail address is [email protected] the only problem that I have is that the original screws that attached the extinguisher stand to the floor is a little too short bcuz of the thickness of this floor mat. I had to push it super hard in order to get the screws in properly. You may need to get a longer screws tom replace the original one.

good luck

DL

4. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Any idea on those floor mats? I would love the horse in red with red stitcing. Couldn't find it doing search. Thanks.

5. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Seriously you guys are going a bit overboard on this alcantara floor stuff. Who looks down at their feet when driving?

6. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    talk to Andrew from Toronto. he can do any stitches you want and he has pic to show you in most cases. I saw the red stitches horse from him too

DL

7. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    you are right but it does looks cool with the alcantara floor mat. I got a lot of compliments with it.

cheers
    DL

8. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    I actually ordered the floor mats with Red stitching and Red horse, so they should be here in a few days.

What I'm looking for is the part# for the left and right wheel arch covers that were included in the option code "BATA" and based on Russell's info they were standard in the 16M. I can't find the part# to order them.

With these wheel arch covers in Alcantara and Floor mats, the Scuderia looks fully upholstered on the inside. A lot better than as delivered from Ferrari.

My passengers scratch the exposed aluminum wheel arch with their shoes and it looks horrible.

After these changes, I will upgrade my stereo and speakers.

9. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    May I also suggest rear view camera next? I can't see anything looking back when parking!

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I agree! The arch covers look horrid together with the bare metal floors. I agree with the whole lightweight concept but covering those up would make the Scud alot more liveable, in the eyes of our partners. LOL. They just don't get it, us boy with our toys.

Stereo and speakers are a must. The factory unit is a complete POS when you crank up the bass settings. It just cracks the crap out and takes the joy out of a beautiful track. Even a cheap DLS system coupled with an active woofer (which IMO is the entry of all audio setups) works far better than the factory unit. And it costs less than a grand to jam it all in, plus hiding the woofer under the driver seat so you get the right thumping upon demand. LOL.

Good luck with the upholstery and keep me posted when you want to dump those brakes of yours.

11. m3mike

m3mike Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2006
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You are correct it is listed under BATA upholstery ($2260.00) on my window sticker but I can't find any type of part number for you.

12. RDI

RDI Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I also ordered the same set in the above photo from the same guy. He was great to deal with and the product came very fast. I also had the issue with the bolts for my extinguisher in my case I had to get a bit longer ones no matter how much I pushed down on mat I could not get them to work.

Great mats and really improve the inside view of the car.

13. Tio

Tio Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry

Check this out, perhaps it is of some help.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult.asp?find=&S=carpets
    http://www.eurospares.co.uk/userImages/019/Medium/019_108.gif

14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #14 RichardCH, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  15. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    richard, any chance you have the pics on the carpets? does it fit the the fire bottle?

16. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    #16 F430GT, Oct 5, 2011
    like this?

Still, no luck finding the part# for the wheel arch covers included in the BATA option. I don't want a full bulky heavy interior, just these two little pieces. I can actually get them custom wrapped in Alcantara if the pieces come in plastic only.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    GOD! I love your interior!

18. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    I have the option in leather, batp, and have looked through my original invoice, order codes etc. And can't find any part numbers for the option. I guess the only coding is the batp or bata in the case of alcantera. Floor mats look great, I still like bare floor but after seeing the mats I may be changing my mind, at least have a set for a different look once in a while.

19. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Any updates on this? Anyone ever able to get the arch covers?

20. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    No luck here so far and it hurts. I want these wheel arch covers so much, that I'm seriously thinking on getting an army of wholesalers to search for Scuderias/16M at auctions, buy the car, get my covers, and put the car back on the auction block.

The floor mats (Andrew) are perfect, like factory made, actually better than factory. With the wheel arches covered in alcantara with red stitching, all the exposed metal is gone, and the interior becomes a full Alcantara and Carbon fiber (except the piece of leather on the steering wheel that I don't like).

21. sclja

sclja Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 23, 2004
    San Diego Ca
    Full Name:
    Scott Cairncross
    #21 sclja, Nov 28, 2011
  22. Monza 456

Monza 456 Karting

Sep 15, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Craig Nelson
    +1

23. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Looks nice...so we are clear, did that car have the alcantara in that spot or did you make/fabricate it?

24. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    can you show pics of the rest of the installation...?

25. arenared

arenared Karting

Dec 22, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    I assume that pic is not your actual car.

Do you know how much the mats weigh? (I like the Porsche mats as they are very thin/cheap but light.)

How do they attach? The problem I have with the bare metal floor is that it is slippery as heck, especially if your shoes are at all damp or you are getting in/out with the door half-opened because of an adjacent obstruction.

Really ghetto, but I was even considering some of those no-slip strips, but I would even go for the factory carpet if it is a smallish piece and is offset by the weight of the diamond plate which looks removable.