Larini Systems Exhausts for your Ferrari | FerrariChat

Larini Systems Exhausts for your Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by cyril@formuladynamics, Oct 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. #1 cyril@formuladynamics, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Formula Dynamics has Larini Exhaust Systems available for the Ferrari 360 and F430. The Larini systems have an incredible sound and once installed on your Ferrari, we know you will be very pleased.

Click a link below to see the 360 with Larini in action:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NcL_6KYDJA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwRGJL8LWX8[/ame]

Since we're a new sponsor on Ferrari Chat we are going to give the first Ferrari 360 owner from the forum who purchases this system a special discount.

Formula Dynamics has Larini Systems Exhausts available for other Ferrari models as well. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions at (702) 430.1040. We're looking forward to speaking with you.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone,

Cyril
    Formula Dynamics
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Never seen any larini systems on F cars. Primarily Lambos. Sounds promising...

3. Hey Zinger,

Larini Systems is doing the Sports Muffler System, the Valved Sport Muffler System, Sports Cats and Test Pipes.

We're going to continue to post videos and photos as we get them to make sure you all get to see what's available. They really have some outstanding exhaust products.

Here's our website: www.formuladynamics.com/larini - you can see up to date pricing on that site and we'll be adding video and photos to the site as we're building it. Also you can stay tuned to our YouTube page www.youtube.com/formuladynamics.

Thanks

Cyril

4. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I've heard my mates scuderia with larini sports cat and muffler. At start up, it let's off a shriek. At lift off, the sound is sharp and high pitched. Gives the scuderia a unique character. It's not bassy at all. Just metallic hollow and sharp. I believe the muffler for the regular 430 would somehow give the same characteristics if coupled with the sports cat.

5. yaserw

yaserw Karting

Sep 17, 2011
    Nothing sound better than Capristo Exhaust twin sound System

6. raywong

raywong Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Raymond
    what kind of valve system design is it? does it block off half of the exhaust flow like the oem 360 system? or does it totally bypass the muffler like the oem 430? how effective is the valve system? would it reduce the idling sound level by 30% with valves closed?

Thanks

7. The Larini Systems F360 Muffler is able to shut off 2 of the 4 exhaust tips which act as megaphones to amplify the sound. It doesn't restrict exhaust flow when closed since the two tail pipes that remain open are full size and capable to carry the full flow through the muffler. It does however divert the exhaust path when the valve is closed through the quiet part of the muffler. So you're able to get a good decrease in sound volume when you'd like to quiet it up a bit. With that said, it's not really a stealth mode or like turning the exhaust sound off, it's just reducing the volume a bit. Your 30% estimate is probably very accurate. Once the valve is opened back up, you're adding 2 more tips which are largely unrestricted so it also adds a bit more of a "race" quality to the sound.

Overall, it's a really fantastic sounding system and honestly the clip doesn't do it justice.

8. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Sounds kind of "nasally" to me. Will stick with my Tubi, or go to Timate.

9. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
    #9 'Da Wolf, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
    I have the Larini system on my 360 and I can vouch for the noise. Its better than the Capristo and the generic Tubi. Its a great intoxicating sound and I think the only set up I'd replace it with would be the Kessing as that has the shrill F1 sound we all crave. Obviously the sound of your car is very subjective but I love the Larini not only for its sound but for the looks and build quality which are second to none. Its also nice to sport something a bit different, most that think "I want a sports exhaust" turn instantly to Tubi as they follow the crowd.

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Must be the audio recording. Larini is never nasally. It's thin, crisp and sharp. If you like TiMate, Larini will be slightly sharper with less bass. My only gripe is the lack of bass. But the scream makes up for it. A Scuderia with the Larini sports cat and muffler screams at startup. No kidding. It's very very nice.

11. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Could be true, all I have to go on is the video, every Tubi video I have heard mirrors the sound on my car. Just don't see many 360's with Larini, but a ton of Lambos.

The Lotus community had a ton of problems with their sport cats, so I am not pro Larini.

12. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Within my group, there are four Gallardos fitted with Larini, a Scuderia and a Murcie. It's really ear splitting sharp on the Scud but good balance of bass and sharpness on the Gallardos. But the Murcie is a completely different story. Guess we aren't comparing apples with apples there.

13. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    #13 Bill2, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    Does the F430 exhaust have valves that open and close like the stock exhaust? I need them to sneak into my neighborhood.

Do you have a video of the F430?

I have a custom made Larini on my wife's GranTurismo and it's amazing. I hate to admit this to her, but is sounds better than my stock F430. :( The reason ours is custom is because the first exhaust they sent us had a lot of cabin resignation at 2,500 RPM. It was just too much for the wife and kids to handle. So they made us a new one that is perfect! No "booming" at all---at any RPM.

Bill

14. Bill,

Larini now offers the F430 exhaust with and without valves. So yes, you'll be able to sneak into the neighborhood without upsetting the neighbors if you'd like.

I'll try to get some clips posted up in the next week or so. I think we also have a clip of the new Larini system for the Scuderia as well.

Larini does have a fantastic system for the Maserati GranTurismo and the resonance is much better controlled than other systems at this point. It was true however that the first systems produced had a bit too much cabin resonance, similar to the Tubi's which still suffer from this problem. However, with a bit of effort and a revised design, we were able to reign it in quite nicely.

Best Regards,
    -- Jeff

15. #15 cyril@formuladynamics, Oct 14, 2011
  16. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Looks sexy Cyril. Only gripe is the exhaust mounts. But Capristo mounts will solve that.

17. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    What's wrong with the mounts? Are they a problem?

Thanks,

Bill

18. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    hey Jeff

What's the cost on the system with the valves? And do you have one in stock?

19. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Nothing wrong. Just that capristo has a better solution. Not a big issue.

20. Hey guys,

Looking at the posts related to the mounting, I would say that the early originals suffered from failures due to the mounting of the exhaust on the gearbox. Larini just like many of the other manufacturers offer a solution to this problem. Rather than bolting the exhaust to the gear box, via a bar as the OE we bolt it to the chassis and we use rubber blocks to help cushion the exhaust and offer more support.

Larini has never had any 430 failures related to the bracket.

Thanks

Cyril

21. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M

Any sound clips yet for F430?

22. @ Zinger:

I think we may have some sound clips later this week.

Cyril

23. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Nothing DRONES louder then a Capristo Exhaust twin sound System. I had a Capristo, sold it. Have a Larini, LOVE IT. :)

Huge difference between reality and what you hear on a YouTube video and your computer's sound system. The Larini has a wonderful low-end bass growl and then it escalates & blosssoms into a nice shrill. Years ago I took a CS exhaust and used the exhaust valves to create the same system pictured in this thread. When the bypass valves are closed, the system quiets down about 20% and you lose some bass...hardly a stealth mode but nice if you are taking a phone call or want to have a conversation with someone.

24. #24 cyril@formuladynamics, Oct 18, 2011
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to follow up on our conversation about the mounting of the 430 exhausts.

I'm attaching two photos

One shows the original exhaust on the 430. You can see the normal bar bracket on the left, but Ferrari added an extra U bolt clamp onto the tip because of the issues owners were having. You can see below the U bolt, part of the structure supporting it.

The next is the Larini set up bolted to the chassis using rubber blocks to help cushion the exhaust and offer more support. Many aspects are taken into account when creating these systems, which is why Larini is one of the very best in the market.

We stand behind every system sold and each comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Now you can't go wrong with that :)

Thanks

Cyril

25. THOSED

THOSED Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Thomas Sederlin
    Wow, it sounds really nice. I have the stock exhaust on my car and have some problem with the white powder leaking from it. I’m currently looking for a new aftermarket exhaust for my car and this sounds promising. What is the weight of the Larini system?