430 Fabspeed X-Pipe Exhaust Muffler | FerrariChat

430 Fabspeed X-Pipe Exhaust Muffler

Discussion in '360/430' started by yronZFF, Jan 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Has anyone installed the Fabspeed X-Pipe Exhaust Muffler on a 430? It looks like a straight bolt on from the top without having to change the OEM tips (tailpipes). If this is so, it seems like it would make the installation real simple. Anyone have any experience on performance and sound while keeping the rest of the exhaust system stock? Thanks in advance!

2. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Fabspeed could surely give you some referrarls, they have done a Scuderia and a 430, videos are on youtube.

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hi Ron,

The F430 X-pipe is very easy to install. You can remove the factory muffler and install the x-pipe without touching the tips. It is a great product to dramatically increase sound without getting a lot of annoying drone in the cabin. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Jeff

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    video please

5. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Here are two videos of the x-pipe. Please keep in mind that this car has our headers and cat bypass pipes, so it was very loud!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWzCMyE0M8&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb8IYAFEhVA&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Jeff

6. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My F355 has a Tubi muffler with hyperflow cats and I just love the sound! I'm trading my F355 for an F430 (I'm getting it in a few days) which has a completely stock setup. I had the valves disconnected on the F430 which helps the idle/low rpm sound but I would like a little more. Would the sound increase with the X-Pipe be at all rpm levels? BTW, I like the fact that the OEM tips can be used with the X-Pipe, simplifying the installation.

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Yes, the sound increase would be along the entire rev range. If it is too much at low revs, you can simply plug back in your valves and you will be good to go. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

8. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    Jeff, you have two different mufflers presented on your site , one is x-pipe second one is like a box. what is the difference between them?

9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hi Temuri,

We only make the X-pipe for the F430. We make a more traditional muffler for the Scuderia (in addition to an X-pipe), and this is shown on the same page. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

10. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    Jeff, thanks for your feedback. I have f430 and some time ago I've changed stock bumpers on scuderias, so after I've installed the whole fabspeed exhaust system, headers, cats, muffler. The muffler I got is the one as you say you use for scuderia models. Visually I like x-pipe more than what I have. The sound is fantastic, brutal. I like it much. But i' m really interested what is the difference between them. At a glance x-pipe seems lighter. Is there any other differences? By the way all your fabspeed system was delivered to Moscow. Alex K. Knows my car.

11. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Gives 10 more hp at the wheels, and is lighter.

12. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    The main difference is that the muffler is a traditional setup similar to the stock muffler. The x-pipe is more aggressive... It's essentially a muffler bypass system with two small resonators. Mattyrae is right... More power and lighter.

Jeff

13. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    Thanks a lot)

14. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    Thank you

15. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    You guys should open up a Kriessiegg exhaust, and try to figure out what they use to get their high pitch. Then put a similar technology in your resonators?

16. aladenbs

aladenbs Rookie

Mar 29, 2015
    france
    Full Name:
    seb dallais
    plus the X Pipe is beautifull to look at from the glass window :)

I love the idea to re-use tips and valves. Not so many options to have selectable sound with the X pipe design out there ...

Any preferred discount for FChat members ?