Scuderia Winter Prices | FerrariChat

Scuderia Winter Prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art138, Nov 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Last year at this time I began my quest for a 3,000 mile or under Scud. Looking thru Autotrader,Ebay, and Cars.com(many dated listings) I notice that prices appear to be holding well. Most 2008 models with at least 50 percent of the U.S Carbon package are trending at (asking) 185 -189 thous $. The16Ms appear to be about 20 to 30 thousand dollars less. Many F chatters claimed they were waiting on the sidelines to buy this winter expecting prices to tank. Everything has a shelf life,but interesting trend that demand is consistent even when other sport cars wane during the winter.

2. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    I bought my Scuderia on Dec 22 last year and I got a really really good price. I spent almost a year preparing for this buy. My feeling is that the price asked is pretty stable but your position is way better in the winter.

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Ferrari prices have typically softened during the winter. That doesn't mean crash! I've seen scuds stay fairly flat over the past 12 months (after a very steep fall over prior 24 months). I suspect one can buy a scud for a few thousand less this winter than last. Small money in the scheme of a 200k car though....buy and drive it if you can afford it and don't trade time for money when it comes to these toys is my motto...

4. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Prices seam to be holding pretty well especially on cars that are desirable ie low mileage, rosa Corsa, black alcantera, 99 us carbon package, yellow gauge and stripe... Anyone have one for sale :) lol

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    What's the definition of low mileage at this point fellas? Under 5k still?

And a side note to that, I have been told by 3 separate Ferrari Engineers from 3 separate continents that our cars don't do very well (mechanically) if left to sit and without regular use.

6. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Under 10K to me is low mileage... must be.
    I have Ferraris and Ducatis... I call it my Italian lovers... since... if I dont ride it I will probably loose it.

7. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Got a two owners 09 Scud with 9500 mls. The First owner put only 1100 from end of 09 to end of 2010. The second put over 8k in just over one year !!!. Car is pristine and Ferrari certified.
    I decide to pay little less for a good but used car that now I can let go the miles and enjoy.
    I don't drive much but when I do... I don't look the odometer. Keep driving my friends. ;)

8. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Exactly! I don't quite get it any more. Anyone with common sense knows that not only these cars, but any car for that matter will be better off in the long run having been properly run and maintained as opposed to a car sitting year after year in a 'vegetable' state. Why do you think the same few Scuds have been on ebay for many months, and even close to a year now. They hardly have any miles, and are priced much too high.

Having said that, I can't think of many other cars that are so affected by the milage they have put on them!

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Ok guys, what is the "premium" on a white Scud?
    I've seen black Scuds with 10-15k miles as low as $160-$165k-ish.
    Haven't seen red or white that low however...

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Art,
    I don't see the Scuds coming down too much in price. These cars will be highly desirable for years to come. There is nothing out there that compares to a scud in the 160-180 price range. Of course condition and mileage will factor but for the most part I don't see the pricing dropping much in the next couple of years. A good scud will probably bottom out in the 130-150 range in 4-5 years, just my opinion.

11. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I could see prices botoming out at 150ish in the future all depending on condition mileage and specs.... But I see mileage really affecting the prices of these vehicles!!!

12. m2g2

m2g2 Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 10, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree. I think the quote below (from one of our F-Chatters) really says it best:

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend.

I feel that this quote must have originated as a prophetic statement uttered by non-other than the wisdom-filled Ben Franklin himself; it just can't be stated better than that.

13. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    Unlike your car your girlfriend doesn't have an odometer so no one can tell how many miles she was "driven". Everyone is buying the unused mileage on a car but it does get distorted in value on a Ferrari. It seems to be the first thing a buyer looks at on Ferrari, wether it's just a bargaining tool or a fair consideration. That's tha way capitalism works. Buyers and sellers vote with their dollars.

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I guess my point was that in comparing last winter with this one,not much has changed price wise in the mileage range I was referring to. On the other hand my FGT is up about 20 thousand K since I paid MSRP, so demand, in great measure will guage the price.

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    160k for a non-story 09 scud, regardless of color sounds like a steal to me...I personally have NOT seen any non-storied ones sell in that range.

$189-200k is still the range I am seeing for a non-storied 09 under 7k miles. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

16. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S

I'm confused. 16M are 20-30K less ? Relative to summer price or relative to Scud?

Seems like 16M are strong pricewise

17. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    #17 dlopez001, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    F430GT has a market pricing model for Scuderias that seems to be standing the test of time...

2008 Scuderia with Zero miles, stripes, no CF package: $185k
    subtract $2 each mile below 10,000 miles
    subtract $1 for each mile driven over 10,000 miles
    subtract $5k for no stripe car
    add $10k for USCF package
    add $20k for 2009 ($10k for 2009 and $10k for the included USCF pkg)
    add $5k if the car is White, Silverstone
    subtract $5k if the car is Silver, Yellow, Blue, Black
    subtract $3k if basic cloth interior
    subtract $10k if FDE car (Ferrari Driving Experience)

DL

18. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Compared to last year/summer. Wasn't stated the clearest, but everyone knows they're more expensive.

19. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    I agree. Having recently purchased and knowing of 4 other purchases in the last 2 months, prices are holding strong and are still following F430GT's pricing guide. I had been following the market very closely for almost 9 months waiting and waiting for a drop. I even waited on a few scuds hoping to have the upper hand in negotiations. Time and time again, scuds priced close to the pricing guide were scooped up. Rather than wait any longer, the right one came up for me and I decided to pull the trigger. It's amazing to see how many people there are buying these cars at this price point.

In the LA area, there were even a couple purchases of 10k+ mile scuds, for what 3k mile scuds go for. Based on that data you could say that prices have gone up slightly or that these are outliers for the crazy LA people.

In terms of 16m, those are definitely dropping. They were going for $260-290k 9 months ago. They are now in the $240-260k range with a few even hitting $220-230k.

20. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    In the UK, 16M prices haven't moved for 2 years, rock solid, but then we only have 37 of them!

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/430-scuderia/ferrari-430-scuderia-spider-16m/634684

http://www.joemacari.com/All-Cars-for-Sale/_prod_Ferrari-16M-Scuderia_293.htm

As a comparison low mile 458's can now be had for under £160k.

21. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    I concur with others. During my search, prices appear to be holding steady in the high 180's for no story.

I ended up with the LP 550-2 and after owning for less than a week, not sure how I'll be able to keep to <10k/yr :)

22. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I think the pricing model above is a great guide.
    It reflects the market's valuation of options, especially mileage.
    That said, I think the sweet spot is slightly higher mileage (i.e., over the 10K mile breakpoint).
    No car does well sitting too much, perhaps especially Ferrari.
    IMO they should be used and maintained regularly.
    Besides, driving the Scud is more fun than looking at it in the garage!

23. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    FWIW, when I was shopping for my Scuderia Oct 2011, I intentionally and only considered cars with 4K miles or more. Why? Because as I learned through reading many threads/posts on this forum, as hand-built cars, it takes a few thousand miles to shake out some of the bugs.

To me, the most important item was the completeness of the service records. From the records, I could tell what campaigns had been completed (and if any were outstanding), what items had been repaired / replaced under warranty, if the previous owner(s) were religious about annual service regardless of mileage, and general 'health' of the car. And the repairs/replacement work done was done under warranty at Ferrari's expense, not mine.

Many Scuderias are now out of the warranty period. Several have Power Cube extensions, and CPOs can be had with Power Normal. What would scare me at this point would be purchasing an ultra low mileage Scuderia that is out of warranty. I'm sure it would be a cosmetic beauty, but the potential for large out-of-pocket expense is higher.

If I were looking today in 2012/13, I'd target Scuderias with 6K miles or more.

24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I agree the pricing floor is pretty stable. But what I'm seeing is more and more cars close to it. For example, cars.com lists 16 Scuds (miles 15k or less, most are less than 10k) with ask prices of $200k or less. Last year, that number would have been 3-4.

25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    they made a ton of scuds...scuds and CS will cross in the next cple years.
    for an 09 scud with 3000 miles id pday 175...that and a quarter and u can make a phone call!