Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 360/430

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

I'll admit that the R8 will get more attention than a 360. Maybe the 360 gets more attention when the owner isn't in or around the car, but the R8 will not be ignored and people will approach the owner and not feel intimidated. By the way, the R8 will have women giving it much but much longer stares, if you care about that side of car ownership.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Bob G
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohngober View Post
If you are looking for a car to zip up to the grocery store, swing by the gym, pick up laundry without the stress of some dash light coming on, might consider the R8.
I don't know... I do all of those things in my current 430 without incident or warning lights. Same for my 360 and previous 430. The 360 threw a code once. The MAF sensor was replaced and that was that. No worries, no trouble. The only thing I ever really have to be careful of is ground clearance.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Also, If you drive the 430 as often as drjohngober drive his R8, and you replace battery as it is recommended in R8, you NEVER have to hook it up to a battery charger.

I had a dash warning once, and it's for TPMS due to 1 tire low pressure. System worked well on monitoring it, and very accurate reading too. I re-inflated tire, re-calibrate TPMS, you need to do this if pressure difference is more than 10 psi between tires, reset it and cleared after 5 mile very pleasant drive.

IMO, CEL's and dash warning light is a common concern for almost all brands and models.
Just the other day I had CEL on my S550, It cleared itself after 4 starts.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: K
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
+ 1. There is nothing "weak" in the way a V10 R8 sounds with an after market exhaust such as Tubi or Capristo. OP should listen to one before making that observation.
I do my homework b4 I speak..what I meant is sounds weak compared to a ferrari...growling and throaty loud but never f1 aggressive pitch..no matter what u put on there...I asked this on the r8 forums. And they confirmed this over there too.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwfa2001 View Post
I do my homework b4 I speak..what I meant is sounds weak compared to a ferrari...growling and throaty loud but never f1 aggressive pitch..no matter what u put on there...I asked this on the r8 forums. And they confirmed this over there too.
You're not going to get that F1 pitch without a flat-plane crank.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Joe Gliksman
My Garage
Ferrari was my choice

I had this same Issue--a 2005 F430 or an almost new R8 for the same money. Knowing all the issues mentioned here and more I went 430. Yes, it will probably be more maintenance, but worth it. After several drives in both cars, the decision was easy.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

I have had both an R8 V8, and a V10. Now I currently have a Scud.

The Ferrari is definitely a different experience, BUT..... the R8 is no slouch in any way. It got just as much attention as my Scud does now, and it is definitely the route to go if you want a very drivable, reliable, and comfortable car that you can drive every day.

If you are looking for that something special that only an Italian sports car can give you, then go with the F car.