09 scud | FerrariChat

09 scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by racer959, Oct 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia. 5,000 miles gray/red on e-bay $175,000 Not sold yet. Why? Anyone know anything about this car?

2. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Funny, those guys told me it was sold. This was 3~4 weeks ago. Something fishy for sure. That or they're playing games.

3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It has been on there for a while I considered it but never really looked at it just could not get excited about the exterior color combo .. Like the red on the interior.

4. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Color. If it was red, it would be long gone.

5. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    I was going to buy that car awhile ago from the original owner in Cali. The stripes are aftermarket(NO stripe car) the calipers were originally yellow,the wheels have been painted gloss black. It was sold 2X by an indi. shop, I forget the location.
    I think the combo would look stunning in person but I love GS/ over red,Bordeaux. Get a good PPI if you like it, dont worry what others think.

6. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Racer959,
    Here is a link back to when I was looking at it.

2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia for Sale

I like that they painted the calipers red and even the stripes but they should have left the wheels the original color or gone satin black...If it checks out that's not a bad price...

7. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
  8. schunmd

schunmd Karting

Oct 18, 2010
    Peninsula, CA
    Color combo isn't for everyone, but I like it. If has clean record, good PPI, and can get it under $170k, may be a good buy. Doesn't CNC Motors have a pozzi blue 2009 for a lower price?

9. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    I love it... too bad it's not for sale a Ferrari dealer, I really want to get extended Ferrari warranty

10. schunmd

schunmd Karting

Oct 18, 2010
    Peninsula, CA
    Can't you just take it to a dealer, get it inspected, and buy a warranty? Not sure if it's worth the money you pay though..

11. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    I don't think they do that to cars not on their inventory and passed through their inspections (not regular PPIs). Does someone know for sure?

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    You have to buy the car from an official dealer to get a power extended warranty.

I've had several ferrari dealer service piece tell me otherwise, so I tried it. My dealer finally got thru to F of NA and the answer was "no". (I bought my car from a private party). There is a lot of non first hand info out there on this...

13. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    I didn't think so. Cool, thanks for confirming.

14. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    I like it because of its color combo. I love scuds in different and rare combos. Not a gold wheel fan but I like the matching scud stripes and the blue interior.
    If you really like it why not just pay an authorized Ferrari dealer to run a comprehensive PPI like they do when they are going to certify the car for their warranty? It would probably cost 1k or so but you will be more secure in your purchase.

15. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    they said they don't do that sort of thing when I asked

16. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    WHY??? You want a PPI not a warranty. Thats just crazy. Whos the F-dealer who told you that?

17. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Tell them you want a clutch snap and F1 system check and an engine compression/leak down done. These cars are pretty tough. I would think the dealer near you and the car would want your service. Go take a look and drive it. That should tell you something about its overall condition.

18. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    I'm pretty sure Ferrari extended warranty has strict stipulations on full inspections, that it's a Ferrari dealer backed car, etc... if they are going to take the "risk". I don't think it's just a simple PPI.

And I do want the warranty that's the point

19. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    ok I get it... You want a warranty...Isn't a power-train warranty quite expensive? I would save the money and get a good PPI. You can always bank what the warranty would cost just in case something comes up? OR buy a scud from a Ferrari dealer,lol..Good Luck

20. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Ferrari of OC offered me a power warranty on my former f430 that i purchased through private party as long as I did the ppi with them. So I think results can vary.

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Did you actually end up purchasing the warranty?

I ask because you said "offered". And because i too was offered/told by three dealers I could do so and then none of them could actually sell it to me...

That said, like many things with Ferrari, their rules and policies seem arbitrary and inconsistent on occasion.

22. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    No I actually passed. But we did go over specifics about what exactly the warranty covered and negotiated a price. I even asked about the issue of me buying it from a private seller and the service manager had no problem with it.

It was my first Ferrari and like most people, I had that fear of catastrophic failure costing me tens of thousands of dollars. In the end though, I found an awesome, honest Ferrari mechanic (Eugenio) who has saved me and my friends thousands of dollars on their Ferrari's. Both my 430 and Scud have been VERY reliable over my 2 years of ownership. Even more reliable than my previous 997 turbo!

23. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Now that I think about it, I know for a fact that Docwill bought his former Scud from CNC and then proceeded to purchase a Power Warranty from one of the local ferrari dealerships.

So like you say, I guess it depends on the dealer/region.

24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Yeah, I'm looking (still) for someone who actually did it. I got as far as you did too and then they checked with FNA and got the "no" answer. Maybe Docwill will post with who and where he got his from so we can also get in on it (I would prefer to have the warranty, and CNC has lots of nice cars, so would like to be able to buy one from them).

25. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    PM sent. Definitely can be done in LA.