Where have all the Scuderias Gone? | FerrariChat

Where have all the Scuderias Gone?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art138, Feb 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    In the Winter of 2011, when I looked for one there were plenty to choose from (low mileage). Normally Jan/Feb are months where prices on exotics tank. Just looked on Ebay and there are only 4 coupes(excluding 16Ms). Cars.com does not pull ads unless done so by the seller, so hard to tell if some were sold. Many on this forum were predicting that this winter the lots would be full of them. Goes to indicate that its a question of supply and demand and the market is fungible.

2. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Weak research. Asking prices high, but heaps available Dupont Registry: ferrari f430 For Sale - duPont REGISTRY

3. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Unfortunately many of those are regular f430s and many others are not available..and still others are in Canada. There are definitely fewer available as the OP suggests compared to the last time he looked.

4. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I've been following the Scuds for the better part of a year now. Definitely very few to be found right now. I would expect more will be available once Spring arrives. There were quite a few in the Fall and I don't know if they sold over the Winter or if they were just pulled off the market.

5. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    The Scud is a relatively low production number car, combine that with the fact that it is a highly desirable car due to it's raw/unique nature and the fact that there will never be anything like the F1 superfast again and you have very few people willing to sell or trade it for any other Ferrari.

If you are seriously looking, I would be checking the market pretty aggressively and be cash ready to pounce. Before I bought mine, I had 2 cars bought out from under me before I could make the deal happen. Needless to say, I wasn't going to let it happen the 3rd time. :)

Good luck with your search!

6. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I am actually in the market for one as well and am having trouble finding a good one with low mileage.

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I put very little weight in the Dupont Registry....after I bought my FGT from Prestige Motors in North Miami, the dealer left the car run for 4 months before they pulled the add. Also do not let the title "Ferrari Scuderia" fool you. When you read the body of the text it will say Scuderia Shields. So what issue are you looking at so I can see these heaps of Scuderias?

8. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    i can remember, in 2011, there was a lot of scuds then. Now, those scuds have settled to mostly long term owners.

i know i have no plans of selling mine. before i got mine, i was in the hunt for 3 months and had twice got one sold under me. so i know, if i really want a car, i need to buy it immediately.

It would be getting harder to get one as time goes by. Why, because its still the best bang for the buck out there,IMHO

9. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I know of a guy selling his Scud right now, he is going to have a dealership buy it. Either one in Chicago or St. Louis

10. Ross_L

Ross_L Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I'm considering selling mine. 2009 Nero Daytona. PM me if you are interested.

11. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The exact same thing happened to me. When I bought mine, I just got to it in time.

12. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #12 babci, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Art138 never ever said how many he found available when he looked Winter of 2011 only that EBay has 4 currently. I counted 15+ Scuds (coupes) not including the easily imported Canadian one at this moment on Dupont registry website, 5 on eBay and 2 on CNC. Most are at authorized dealers that have them also listed presently on their current websites. If in doubt a cheap phone call during open hours should confirm their availability.

13. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #13 babci, Feb 23, 2014
    Art138 I have had good luck with Dupont Registry. I was not looking in any magazine issue only the current website which on most listings, has good descriptions, photos and clearly delineated model designations. Note Ross_ L post above says he might sell his. Click on this link:ferrari f430 For Sale - duPont REGISTRY or paste it in your browser then scroll down and hit the phone in the morning as most of the authorized dealers are open Sundays. Happy Hunting

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #14 redcaruser, Feb 23, 2014
    You should move to Switzerland, here they are! ;)
    Currently there are 21 Scuderia's (incl. 4 16M) for sale: AutoScout24 - Scuderia

15. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #15 galt, Feb 23, 2014
    I get something different. There are lots of duplicates. The Tampa car is listed twice, the black with red car is listed twice, the motor cars in is listed twice etc. Also, there are many stale listings in dupont registry typically. Finally the Quebec cars listed are 16m (2) and some regular f430. The ferrari of quebec website confirms this.. 2 16ms no scud could.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    According to my registry, inventory has been on the decline since August, dropping at an avg of 5-7 vehicles a month

Prices have plateaued at the 175-185 for 08s and 180-199 for 09s. This range does not apply to less desirable attributes such as Nero exterior (historically to sell 10+k less) , San-stripe, high mileage (over 10k miles) and/or other oddities.

My registry is based on listings from eBay, cars.com & select forums incl fchat.

And before you ask, I do not publish it anymore.

17. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What are you thinking of in terms of a replacement Ross?

But you can't really drive them there. :(

18. Ross_L

Ross_L Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    White or Nero Daytona 16M with Italian flag stripe :). I was going to keep the Scud till my GT3 came in but now that's on hold due to the recent issues Porsche is having...

19. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Cool! What issues is Porsche having?

20. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
  21. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  22. Ross_L

Ross_L Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I think Porsche is just trying to be more like Ferrari and Lamborghini :)

On a more serious note, I'm only talking to folks that reach out to me and not posting FS ads. I'm not really looking to sell unless I find the perfect 16M at a not too bloated price :). This car is still the best experience I've ever owned!

23. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #23 babci, Feb 23, 2014
    Sorry I was mistaken about the Ferrari of Quebec listing, however without conducting current individual vendor contact with each listing (as I suggested to Art138 in my post to him) your statement of "Also, there are many stale listings in Dupont Registry typically" is simply your personal opinion, a subjective assumption and not fact. Same with the "There lots of duplicates" this is your personal opinion again (depending on what your definition of what lots means) and yes while the black with red car is listed twice along with the Motorcars International car they are easily identified if you are seriously looking for one. Only 2 duplicates out of 14 listings while still leaving 12 contact opportunities does not seem like a lot in my humble opinion. As to the 2 Ferrari of Tampa Bay cars, if you had looked closely you would have seen they are 2 different cars one Girigo Titiano Metallic with 5400 miles and the second that is Sliverstone Gray with 14,760 miles. My point to ART138, you and the community is don't assume Ebay is the grail, look everywhere, leave no stone unturned and there are more than 4 contact opportunities out there so go deep.

24. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I am a having a really hard time getting your main point. My main point to you was that you posted and referenced a search that contained A. Many f430s and B. Many 16ms and C. Cars that were available in a different country. D. A source that has duplicates. E. A source, like many others, who will very likely have cars that are not available. What I did not say directly, but was implied, is that IMHO it was pretty strong/flippant to label the OP by saying "Weak Research" then post that link with those statements. Also, it is a bit presumptuous to assume he has done weak research. Neither you or I know how many calls and where the OP has looked. He referenced Ebay but how do you know there were not others?

In addition, regarding my posts:

1. Not really sure how me saying there are duplicates is an opinion. I believe it is fact and can be verified by simply referencing the VIN number in the listing. For example the black car listed 2x as a private listing by motor cars international same picture and same number. Another example is the car listed by Ferrari of San Diego car 168163 and the one with the same picture listed privately. Click on both and you will see the same car number.

2. Stale listings is an opinion. I don't think it is a stretch at all to say that some cars will not be available on du Pont registry. Based on my experience and I believe someone else who posted. Do you really think that ALL the cars listed on DuPont are available? Do you think as soon as a deal is made on a car the first thing that happens without fail is that the seller notifies DuPont? Unrealistic and contrary to experience of many. In fact, I don't think I have bought a car ever and seen it unlisted before at least a week transpired. Further, unfortunately, it is common practice for some dealers to list a car that has already sold because of the free advertising nature of having a nice exotic or "good inventory" associated with the dealer. Someone else posted about this too on this same thread...IE my car was on the site for 4 months..

3. I never said anything about Ebay did I?

25. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    When I was looking for my car, more than half of the autotrader/dupont listings for cars not at a Ferrari dealer were stale or duplicate listings.