From gated shifter to Scuderia :) | FerrariChat

From gated shifter to Scuderia :)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Afonsolaw, Mar 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    So I traded in my 05 6 speed manual gated shifter she was roso corsa on coio with CCB and Challenge wheels purchased with 2200 miles and traded in with 4800, to be honest it was kind if hard to see her go but the dealer had already sold the car to a realy nice guy that I am friends with so I know it went to a good home. My new baby is a 09 roso corsa 1700 miles with grey stripe with black alcantera with red stitching with the alcantera trim over the wheel wells and full trimmed boot. I had test drivin the car this last weekend and all I can say is WOW!!! I thought I would be borred driving a paddle shift car however the car shifts so fast and honestly I felt that there was so much going on with the LED's on the stearing wheel the noise from the engine bay and the tires breaking lose ( it was cold out) who has time to play with a left foot and try to engage a gear. In all honesty I felt that the super fast 2 transmission just added to the character of the car, those kicks in the back when shifting were definitely a surprise! Just wanted to thank everyone at Ferrari of Central Florida and Classic Coach in Elizaberh NJ for making this deal possible and especialy to Carlos Borges I know he worked very hard to make this deal happen.

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    #2 Afonsolaw, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow!! Beautiful. Enjoy her. Post more pics in the daytime and interior shots as well.

4. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    OH BABY!!!!

Enjoy!!!

5. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Great move, more pics needed.
    I went from a RC 07 430 coupe 6 speed manual gated shifter to 16M - SF2 is awesome! Wait until you try multiple downshifts in SF2 for an overtake - 2 or 3 gears in 60ms total!!
    Never missed the gated shifter in my F car, DCG in my M3 is a different matter - give me a manual M3 any day - DSG is just so sloooowwww!

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Welcome to the next level of Pure Enjoyment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I feel like a little kid... I was pacing for the delivery truck to arrive and all my neighbors came out to see it ... I don't think I slept last night lol I am very thankful to be so fortunate!

8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Congrats!! Looks like a sweet ride!

9. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    Frank and Carlos at Classic Coach is the best! That is who I got my Scud from~~!

Did the create a custom exhaust for yours?

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    No my car is completely stock... But I thin I remember seeing your car in the showroom last year... You have an X pipe in yours right? If that is your car she is a beauty!

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    great example of the scud you got there...perfect!

I completely agree with you...after having a manual transmission for all of my life, I thought I would hate F1...until I got a car with F1 and loved it. And, the Scud SF2 trans is the ultimate example of the bred. Driving a scud on track and shifting high in the revs is a complete blast!

12. Ross_L

Ross_L Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Congrats on the car!

13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #13 Carbonio, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First of all many congratulations on the purchase. Getting a new Ferrari is always an exciting time and for sure your first entry into the F1 world is a real experience.

Ferrari though did get things a little wrong with the paddles and corrected it on the Challenge cars. I would urge you to consider upgrading to our carbon fiber challenge paddles for a greatly enhanced driving experience. Check out the product page and our instructional video to see what you are missing out on:

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 430 Challenge Shift Paddles
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    That's funny I ordered them from you guys yesterday LOL

15. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are there any discounts for F-Chat members? I might be interested if there is.

Thanks.

16. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I will post pics once I get them on I ordered the paddles along with a couple other tidbits I will be adding just tasteful mods Stock look.

17. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    Mark and Rob are great guys from Carbonio, 10% discount for fchat members always..

adam

18. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    That is a great looking Scud, best of luck with it. Enjoy.

19. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    nice! where in NJ are you located ? i live near classic coach and have a 360

20. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Congrats, welcome to the Scud family. The joy of driving the scud with the SF2 F1 never stop. It is an addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx

Yes sir. That's me!

22. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Congrats! What an amazing car.

23. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Super Fast 2 is really something special. Hard to understand until you have tried....

24. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congrats. You have excellent taste in cars. :)

25. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I had those on my 430 Scuderia (now sold), probably the best modification that I did.
    I have a Speciale coming in July and wanted to do the same thing; but found you don't do the 458 at all.
    How come and do you have any plans to do so?