360 Window Issues | FerrariChat

360 Window Issues

Discussion in '360/430' started by smoltz, Mar 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    On the 360CS I purchased recently, the driver side window behaves oddly. When opening the door, it slides down as expected, but when closing the door, it slides back up to the proper position and then slides down and stays down for maybe 15s and then slides back up. Also, I have noticed that the lights on the window switches stay on all the time (on after several hours of leaving the car untouched).

Upon further investigation after reading a few threads on here, the window is not indexing down when the interior door handle is pulled (it does work properly on passenger side though). However, from looking at the parts diagram, it seems that the sensor which is supposed to control this is 171120, which has already been replaced by the previous owner, so I doubt that's the problem. I guess I'll have to check connection at Window ECU and see if it's wiring or if the window ECU itself has gone bad. I already tried doing the reset procedure on the window ECU.

I took a look at the wiring diagram but it's a bit confusing to me (I am looking at Spider wiring diagram, should be the same as CS no?), looks like there are 3 connectors on the Window ECU, labeled 12F, 13F and 14F.

Looks like pin 16 on 14f for drivers side (LHD car), and pin 5 for passenger side? Can someone who is more adept at reading the wiring diagram confirm for me?

Any other advice or suggestions?

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's usually something simple. I the ecu was toast I'd expect funkier behavior.

Never assume anything the po did was done right. It sounds like a sticking micro switch in the door striker plate or the interior handle micro switch.

Test the switch on the interior handle by unscrewing it under the handle via Phillips screw. If you press the micro switch and window ones not go down, then check the connector under the door card. It could not be connected. Just because they say it was done... I wouldn't trust it. You can also check the continuity via the plug in the door. When u get the plug out, short it with a test wire and see if the window drops..

3. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I know on my Jaguar XK8 when the battery got low my auto window feature started acting up and I had to "reprogram" it by pushing and holding the window switch in each direction until the window was all the way down or up and I could hear a click. It then worked normally. Maybe this is what is required.
    Alan

4. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    I tried resetting the Window ECU. No luck though.

With some further experimentation it appears related to the interior door handle micro-switch. Empirically, the window ECU "thinks" that the handle is always being pulled open. Now I just have to figure out if it's the switch, the wiring, or the ECU itself. I'm going to do as vrsurgeon suggested and remove the door handle \ door card and start there.

5. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    The window interior micro switch can be seen by lifting off the arm rest. The micro switch is held in place to the door latch release via a clip.

6. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Let me know what you find. My 2002 spider just starting doing the same thing today?

7. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Mine has done things like this when I shutoff the battery for some type of maintenance. Usually driving it a bit sorts itself out.

8. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    I did just do a re-set on the car, so I'll let it go and see what happens.

9. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I think the battery cut off switch is sort of like the CTR-ALT-DEL of Windows. :)
    Alan

10. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    heya guys,

how is the power window ECU resetted ?

11. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Smoltz: my window did the same when i got the the car 5 weeks ago. Take of the doorcard and look at the microswitch to the rigth, you must adjust it. Check also bolts that hold the window, i had 2 loose bolts.

J.G

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I had that problem on my 360, I did what you did on your Jag, job done.

Its' a reset/program learn needed I think.