Tracked Scudie | FerrariChat

Tracked Scudie

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430giallomodena, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Guys, need an opinion...have been offered a nice Scuderia, good miles (not too low, not too much) and a good price (not the best I have seen, but can be discussed)

The car has been tracked frequently in my opinion, Ferrari dealer says yes but he does not know how much and how often....
    But....with 18K at the clock now, F1 pump has been recently changed (it's new now) and has a new clutch too....my worries are brake discs (Fdealer says the are shown to be OK but says nothing more) and since my F430 is 9 years now and no F1 pump has ever been changed or had any issue, I am wondering why they did this....

Hardly tracked car? does the F1 pump suffer from tracking?

opinions?...cause I like the car very much.Power warranty can be done but I will have to pay separately...why not offering the car with Power included since it is an Fdealer?

Thank you

2. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Just because a car has seen a race track doesn't mean it has been abused or will require a higher amout of maintenance going forward... IMHO, some people that use their cars on the track are meticulous about maintenance, mechanical condition, etc. and stay on top of things more than your average owner... The crazy ones keep it cosmetically meticulous too :). It's possible with a scud the brakes have seen no track time if they swapped to steel, but who knows without more information about the disc condition (who cares about pads).

3. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Yes, all you have to do is look at the rotors to see if they have been used on the track. If the rotors are good, then they have been replaced since the car was on the track, or the car was never really driven seriously on the track at all.

4. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    how can you see if the rotors have been used on track? CCM brakes produce micro-meltings by friction...I have no idea how to see if they have been "abused"

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    As far as the breaks goes, your main concern should be the CC rotors. One way to see if the Rotors have been abused and they need to be replaced is to look at closely at the holes on them. If you notice cracks/lines around the holes of the rotors, then defiantly you need new ones and the cost is high. Don't believe a dealer that says that CC rotors never need to be replaced.

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'd rather a car been on the track than lousy city driving in stop and go traffic

7. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Get a reading on the rotors from a Ferrari - I just had my scud checked and the rotor reading was 23% worn and I have tracked it - its a 2008

8. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Basically it's better to drive a Scuderia on the race track as to leave it in the garage, these cars are built to use! The question is; how the car was used on the race track - respectful or disrespectful? Therefore look closely!

As an example: analyze exactly the underbody for scratch marks, see if you can find stones in the covers or in the engine compartment. Had the car "a trip" into the gravel trap? Check the wheel alignment and braking behavior, was it mistreated on the curbs? Were there "too strong punches" on the chassis?
    Bottom line: has respected the owner the car? Look behind the scenes!

9. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Fully agree, I would never buy a garage queen, I would never put down my money on a 5 years old car with 2K miles on the clock, but my concerns are about how all the power train and gearbox have been used...why changing the F1 pump after only 15K kilometers?
    and a new clutch at the same milage is a sign that the car has been really pushed hard in my opinion...
    will anyway check...got my pocket mirror with me, will check underbody, rotors, engine bay and so on...

10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Is it a red one without Scud-stripes and with 16M wheels?

11. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Are YOU planning to track it? If so, no big deal at all. If not, I might suggest you keep looking unless this is THE scud for you. IN my experience cars w a lot of track miles usually come more wear and tear than cars w no track miles.

12. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    yes...know something?

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    You can only get one if you promise not to call it a "scudie" :)

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yes, last Friday I sat in this car... ;)
    (Altendorf, correct?)

15. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    yes...you want to buy another one? :)

16. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #16 redcaruser, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    No no, I visited the dealer for a different reason. :)

"Your" ;) Scud came in end of last year. A beautiful car, extensively equipped and IMO in good conditions, except the F1 pump. I would say, over all an attractive offer.

17. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Any news F430giallomodena?

18. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    not yet, the red Scuderia has damaged front brake rotors (completely stone-chipped) and all engine bay panels have turned white...
    I made my offer but dealer does not want to include new rotors in purchase-price therefore for that amount I can get others Scuds in better conditions.

19. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Hope you find your scud soon!! keep us posted...

20. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Found :) I am happy and broke now :)

21. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Congratulation! I'm sure you will tell and show us more details soon… ;)

22. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    oh yes Daniel :) I am so excited...the Scuderai is really a beast...the diference with the gearbox is amazing...

23. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    It is a beast - welcome to the club! :)

24. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    [Jeremy Clarkson] YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHSSSSSSSS! [/Jeremy Clarkson]

Congrats!

25. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    Swiss weather forecast good from Sunday on, Enjoy!