Scuderia shoes! | FerrariChat

Scuderia shoes!

Discussion in '360/430' started by scudF1, Apr 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Hi guys,
    I'm in process of researching tires for my scuderia. I currently wear the originally equipped tires. I'm thinking of going with the Micheline sports cup this time instead. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? If so, what is your feedback?

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I was just going to post the same exact thread. I also have a scud with stock tires and looking to upgrade I wanted to see what people suggest. I am considering Michelin pilot super sports, michellin sport cup 2, pirelli trofeo r, or just the stock equipment which is the pirelli roso corsa. I will be using the car for street use.

3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I have also been considering the michellin sport cup 2

4. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    I had MPSS on my Scud. Excellent overall tire!

5. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Really depends on how you typically drive the car and if you ever take it to HPDE events.
    The number of heat cycles a tire will take before adversely affecting the tire is very important and varies by tire.
    The Corsas will HC out very early and wear quickly.....I would not put those back on a Scud.
    Probably best overall daily driver with an occasional track sprint are the MPSS.
    Sport cups and Trofeo R are better suited to the track, and I would give the edge to the Trofeo R.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    MPSS will wear much, much longer than the Corsas or Sport Cup 2 tires, with not quite as much grip. Much better in the rain. Best street Ferrari tires, even with occasional track use. OEM tires on the 599 GTO.

7. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    #7 ferrame, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    I have Trofeo R on my CS and my Scud and I am very happy with them. I drive them on regular streets and track 2-3 times a year.

8. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I love the MPSS on my m3 - great for street and track; decent wear; excellent in the wet which is very important in rainy Pittsburgh. : )

9. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    ++

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Time to revive this thread... I am still debating which tires to get as I stated in my initial post... Looking to out new tires on in the spring. What do you guys think... I am leaning towards the Michellin SC2 or Trofeo R

11. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    MPSS for street use.

12. zeke_dog9

zeke_dog9 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Texas baby
    I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE11 for my scud and have been very happy.

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Many, many threads on this, although "most" of them were before the Sport Cup 2 and Trofeo R were available.

At that time, consensus was RE-11 and MPSS (perhaps slight nod to MPSS).

There are some threads with feedback on the new Cup 2 and Trofeo R. Those are - I'm sure - stickier than the RE-11 and MPSS, but of course will wear faster and likely aren't great in the rain. Doubt there is much more to it than that.

[anyone that has made the switch away from the Corsa OEM tires has said the new tires were better - I don't recall anyone that had actually driven their car with OEM and either MPSS or RE-11 saying otherwise - maybe I should caveat with perhaps 1-2 somewhere to be safe - but I don't recall reading that]

Background - I put RE-11 on my CS and MPSS on my Maser GS and could not be happier with either tire on those cars

14. skip737

skip737 Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Lodi, New York
    Full Name:
    WJH
    I just recently replaced the original PZero Corsas on my 16M with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Very happy with them so far. Much superior to the Corsas in the rain and will hopefully last quite a bit longer. There may be some tires out there that may be slightly superior on the track, but too many compromises. No tracking of this car in my future, anyway.

15. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    I chose the same tire recently for my 16M
    Really feel the grip a,d I like the overall performance of the tire

16. Ricardob

Ricardob Rookie

Jun 7, 2011
    I have a Scud with original PZero Corsas on it. Need to replace them, and am tempted with the Sport Cup 2's given they are on the Speciale. Several Speciale media reviews indicated the tires are amazing.

17. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Do they come in the correct size?

18. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Sadly I don't own a Scud, but I did go from P Zero's to Pilots on my 2004 GT3 and they were WAY better tyres for every day use. I never tracked that car, but they stuck like the proverbial in the dry and wet equally. Plus they were a LOT quieter.

IMO the Pirelli are just over priced and wear out too fast.

When the 360 needs new feet that's the way I am going.

19. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Yes, they do come with the correct size as I checked on tirerack.com a few days ago.