430 scuderia track setup | FerrariChat

430 scuderia track setup

Discussion in '360/430' started by Maxi_Z, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    #1 Maxi_Z, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some picture of my scuderia fitted with pzero trofeo r tyres
    geometry settings brembo racing steel brakes with pagid rs29 pads and
    Intrax racing 4 way adjustable suspension
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes! I run RS29s on my m3 - very impressed with them, but man do they dust. I leave clouds of brake dust as I clear the track : )

3. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Are you using steel brakes on your car b/c of the repair/maintenance costs of CCBs? I was under the impression that CCBs were much better for the track b/c they don't fade.

I haven't yet tracked my 16M, but I'm eager to see how the the bigger CCBs perform as compared to brakes on my previous F-Car which was a stock F430.

Thanks... Frank

4. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    What can you say about the pirelli trofeo R as I am torn between these and a couple of other tires.

5. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Nice setup and beautiful car.
    Can you share a few more details?

Tire sizes.
    Ride height.
    Alignment settings.

Did you use a SD3 or equivalent to change ECU from CCM to steel?

6. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    I have the trofeo r in standard size even if I wanted wider but as the std wheels are not so wide and the trofeo r looked already a little wider I tried the std size 235/35 19 and 285/35 19

They need some camber to work well and are really making good grip especially when new
    I also use them on the street and I think that over time they lose a little bit of grip as maybe they heat cycle and they got worn but still really useable and with grip and good feedback

they are also quiet neutral near the limit on the track and not noisy at all for a semi slick but
    they don t like standing water on the highway of course

geometry settings are -2.2 camber each front wheel and -2.0 camber each rear wheel
    -0.1mm toe out front each wheel and 0.4mm total toe in rear

I asked for standard lowering but I can see they ended to make it a little lower but I did not measured it.

I did not make any change for the moment with the sd3 to change from ccm to steel not sure if that was a feature only for the 430 challenge or if you can change the setting on the 430 scuderia or other cars

7. alex550575430

alex550575430 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2009
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Full Name:
    LIN ALEX
    Hi there,

Please share more info and feedback about the Intrax suspensions on Scuderia. I would love to know more about it. I test drove several times my friend`s 575GTC with Intrax suspensions. I found it was amazingly enjoyful to drive.

Thanks

Alex

8. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Yeah. Please share more on the suspension setup. Is it stiffer than the factory scud suspension?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Hey Dario,

Great to see you finally got it all together... Looking great!

Ps guys, the Intrax stuff is for big boys only (i.e. deep pockets required). Its technically racing kit !

-T

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Haha Trev. Lol....I don't see kids around here and generally pockets are deep on most design of jeans. Come on...spill the beans!

11. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    The intrax suspension on my scuderia are the 4 way adjustable model.

They offer different options an I got the black titan coating on the shaft and the spring rate adjusters.

The quality of the suspension is really good and they are very nice to deal with and responsive for any info or email quastion.

I asked for a suspension setup that is more focused on track but with the base settings they felt a little soft even if the spring rate are stiffer and were better with recommended track settings.

The car feels a little less reactive but much better on every bump and with better traction.

12. alex550575430

alex550575430 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2009
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Full Name:
    LIN ALEX

Really Thanks much for the vital information, will keep that in mind...

Alex

13. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    I fitted the brembo racing steel brakes to be able to use different racing pads as they are using a different pad shape and to be able to fit different wheels as they are 380mm.

14. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Not sure how this translates to a better track setup. I would hesitate to trade reactivity for a better ride over bumps. Most tracks just aren't that bumpy. How does this translate to better traction unless you are referring to the suspension's ability to maintain the contact patch under bumpy conditions?

Adjustability of the dampners can help at various tracks where you make changes in the spring rates, ride heights, and sway bar settings. But once they are fine tuned, you hardly ever change them.

The Scud was supposedly fitted with a special "Schumacher Switch" based on feedback that he wanted a softer dampner setting in Race Mode. In other words, some drivers prefer different dampner settings.

You have a great setup. When are you going to get yourself into a proper race car with advanced safety equipment, such as a Challenge car?

15. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    The std suspension feels probably more reactive with the softerspring rates but use a lot of compression damping and the springs are more suited to the soft mode.

But then of course the car is too soft on faster speed.

I think that the intrax or other competition dampers can be set up to get a better balance between spring rates and damping and even if you feel the car less reactive you can set it as you like and it could be easier to use at higher speed on the track and a little faster.

I would like some real race car but I also like to be able to go on the track and use the car on the road.

16. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Friggin awesome

17. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    #17 Maxi_Z, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    clean512 likes this.
  18. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Those look terrific. What are the specs in width/offset etc?

19. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    they are 8.5x19 ET27 front and 11x19 ET35 rear

and are fitted with MPSC2 in 245/35 19 and 305/30 19

those wheels are for the regular F430 and can be fitted on the scuderia only by using 380mm brakes but not with the std 398mm brakes.

20. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I see this time around you went with the Michellin Spirt Cup 2... How come instead of the Pirelli Trofeo R and how would you compare the 2

21. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    I'm curious, at this level of commitment why not do a Hoosier R6, hankook ventus z214, or kuhmo ecsta v710's, all of them are the same if not less money than the trofeo's or pilot sport cup's and offer a lot more grip.

Either way, good for you for using a Scud for what it was built, great looking car.

22. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    I did not try them on a track for the moment but on the street they are very good.

I think that Michelin wanted a semi slick tyre more useable on the street and modern and that would last a little longer and in between an extreme semi slick and a pilot super sport.

I read other people using them on the scuderia or the speciale that on the track is not as fast as the trofeo r and I believe that the trofeo r is doing better lap times.

The trofeo r feels a little more racing but probably worst on the wet and last less.

The Michelin is nice on curvy roads and have a lot of grip but I tried them in larger size compared to the trofeo r.

I didn t try the other tyres mentioned as hoosiers as I m located in europe and don t think they are easely available or road legal.

23. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Great setup you have there.. she is ready for the track... We have sold a few of the Intrax coilovers and nothing but great feedback from our clients..

24. Beedub

Beedub Rookie

Aug 20, 2005
    incredible.....

intrax are pretty much the business, absolutely love what you've done with the car!!

more pics with details like suspension please.

25. Maxi_Z

Maxi_Z Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Monaco
    #25 Maxi_Z, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015