F430 spyder with 68k miles | FerrariChat

F430 spyder with 68k miles

Discussion in '360/430' started by DonJuan348, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Anyone on the board interested in the "high mile " 430 spyder ? It looks well cared for offer is $105k which I think is a tad high.

What do you think would be a fair price?

I

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    that one sold ...and it was in exceptional condition. I wonder for how much

3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I can't get $110 for mine with 28k miles

4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  5. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    430 prices are coming down! few clean examples on ebay under 115k

6. CADoc

CADoc Rookie

Feb 27, 2014
    It's worth 85k. I had an accepted offer on a spider with 32k miles for 95k

7. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I want what you are smoking !!!

8. handdoc

handdoc Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    having just bought an 08 spider, using my friend who is a yearly ferrari buyer as help, you should buy the best lowest mileage one you can afford

9. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I still don't get why yours hasn't sold.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  11. CADoc

CADoc Rookie

Feb 27, 2014
    I don't smoke. Just sharing that I had an accepted offer on a 2005 Spider with 32k miles in LA. Given that it went for $95k, and the seller above is having a hard time getting $110k for his, I don't think 68k miles will fetch more than 85k, unless color plays such a huge role.

12. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    i agree! i had an offer accepted of 65k for a 05 coupe with 85k miles

13. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    color plays a minor role in pricing in my opinion, but 68k miles is barely broken in and certainly not worth such a huge discount. And to the $65k guy, why didn't you buy it ?

You guys think nothing of mileage on your other cars but are so afraid of miles on a Ferrari.

14. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We all know there are various "buckets" from which to select a car. Here's the range of the spectrum:
    On one end we have...

Garage queens that were used as art pieces in an "Iron man-like" garage setting by someone who is an OCD car nut.

Then there is the other end...let's call it the "dirty" end of the gene pool, the one with bits floating on top of the water. These vehicles are not the same as the first set. They may have been exposed to one or more of the following conditions:

ex-Rental car
    ex track car at a beginning school for drifting (see above)
    Wreck Repair or Salvage Vehicle
    Florida or other loosely controlled state title-wash experience
    Flood car (see above)
    Auction car with who knows how many owners (see above)
    50K miler with no service records and multiple owners in multiple states
    Any car with a Sky Blue or Green leather interior.

I am sure there are more but you can see that one end of the spectrum has a little more provenance (and less risk) and one is where the cheap prices are. I have nothing wrong with a car from either end but one end requires a lot of money up front and the other requires a lot of money in reserve and/or a lot of skills and facilities and TIME to get the most enjoyment.

If you are a dreamer, nothing wrong with that, we all have to start someplace; make sure that you are realistic with your observations. Just my .02

BTW anyone know how much are 430 motors going for? I am curious since I don't see too many for sale.

15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    My speculation would be that the acceptance wasn't real AND he isn't a buyer. That kind of pricing is salvage, still a wreck, territory. Definitely from the lower end of the gene pool (good points Kevin).

John

16. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

+1 ...I've said the same thing.

17. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think its the fear of when you are done with the car, what will it have cost you to own it. If you buy a ferrari with 68k for lets say 100K, you have it and enjoy it for a year and feel like moving on to something else. Now the car has 74K. What's it worth in respect to how much you paid? How hard of a sell will it be?

With lower milage cars its a "safer bet" that you'll get closer to what you paid. It will also be an easier sell considering most folks want low miles.

There are many factors like condition and there is an ass for every seat but again at what cost.

Personally miles don't scare me but I can see why people avoid it.

18. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I am an auto wholesaler and am always intrigued by the market of cars with high - very high mileage. For people with limited budget or stretching their budget to buy a used high end car - higher mileage / branded title are the only options. One can argue that as long as the car is priced realistically (which should be significantly less than cars with low / average mileage) - it will be easier to sell than a low mileage car because high mileage cars priced at deep discount are far and few in between. If you have 85k to spend and want an F430 - your options are very limited - but if you have 125k and want a low mileage one - take your pick.

19. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    +++1 Good point. When I purchased mine I had a fixed budget hence the 99 model with 25K miles. But I found a good one with recent major and new clutch.
    Alan

20. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    already have a 360 so couldnt justify 2 ferrari's one would not get driven , i opted for a continental GT .

21. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    what he said, once im done with it how hard will resale be with 100k+ miles, and with no service history ever.

22. CADoc

CADoc Rookie

Feb 27, 2014
    $30k on ebay

23. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    very risky to buy such a high mileage ferrari..yea you can get it much cheaper..but it'll prob cost you alot more of money and headache in the long run. If looking at higher mileage 430 is your only option i recommend to wait until you can comfortably get into a 430.

24. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Why, these cars won't explode because you put miles on them. They actually drive better . So why spend more for less miles unless you are under the delusion it's an investment .

It would make a good garage queen.