Where is Battery Master Switch for 2007 F430? | FerrariChat

Where is Battery Master Switch for 2007 F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by conscom, Apr 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. conscom

conscom Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Can anyone tell me where the battery master switch is located in my 2007 F430? It's not where the manual indicates. The location only has a cover plug and nothing behind. So obviously it must be somewhere else or there isn't one. Thanks for any guidance.

2. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #2 English Rebel, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    On my 09' the switch is also covered. Its not like the 360 where the knob is visible.

:D

4. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Mine is located on the upper right side of the back wall in the boot. You should be able to get to it easily. I'd send you a pic but I'm at work and the car is in the garage at home. My cover plug looks like a valve handle. A turn to the right and it pops off and is attached by a lanyard. The battery is then shut off.

5. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    That looks like #10 in the diagram as there appears to be a lanyard attached to it. According to the diagram it's in the top left of the luggage compartment as you face it (and that is the side the battery is on).
    Alan

6. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 Tally Ho, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. handdoc

handdoc Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    need a tool to turn it on and off

owners manual says for ferrari use only

u can order the tool from ferrari

8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I guess the tool got lost somehow -- that's what the lanyard is for though.
    Alan

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The tool is a torx head screwdriver. You can buy it a Home Depot like I did. I believe it is a T40 torx head.

10. zzade46m3

zzade46m3 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    OC CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    just fyi not all the F430s came with a battery master switch, mines does not have one, its a 2007 as well.

11. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Now that is surprising. I didn't think it was listed as an option and I would think that 99% of them came with it. Not wanting to be disrespectful but are you sure you don't have one?
    Alan

12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There is an older thread I think where someone made the same observation ie not fitted

13. conscom

conscom Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Scottsdale Ferrari just confirmed that later model F430's do not have a Master Battery Switch. The switch location on my 2007 F430 is just a rubber plug. While installing a backup camera system, we connected a battery maintainer which is simpler than switching the battery off anyway. Thanks for all your input.

14. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Just as I wrote above.

I think they all have the actual switch, but on some they dont have the actual tool to use it and the unit itself is covered by a plug, not visible. Remove plug, look inside, insert tool and voila.......

:D

15. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My scud is a 2008 and has the plug. You access the screw head by pulling out the plug.

16. conscom

conscom Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Will check again when I get back to the shop. Thx guys.

17. zzade46m3

zzade46m3 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    OC CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Maybe I misspoke yes the tool is not there. I haven't taken the rubber plug off to see what's behind it. Either way I just use my CTEK.

18. conscom

conscom Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2008
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just checked. Nada. Void of anything. I just use my battery maintainer anyway. Just avoid having to jump start the car.

19. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Not too sure why you connect the maintainer. If you work on the car then the battery has to be disconnected. Do you remove the battery cable and connect a maintainer? If the battery is disconnected then there will be no drain -- therefore no need for a maintainer.
    Sign me confused.
    Alan

20. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    Hi, I have a 2007 F430 coupe.

Same here. I removed the rubber plug and there is nothing there, you can actually see a piece of the aluminum chassis. I am planning on changing my battery to an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T-A this weekend, just not sure how to switch off the battery as I don't see a Master battery switch.

21. yangstein

yangstein Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I used it once and do not want to use it again. Of course it kills battery drainage but once you put it back on, then you will have to put the radio code back. Then you will hear alarm go off every 3 minutes as you drive wondering what happened... You will have to get out of the car, close the doors, lock it with remote, then unlock it to reset the car. I use battery tender every Sunday afternoon even I would take the car out during the week days.

22. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    I have a 07 430 spider and it came with tool....

23. Dward69

Dward69 Rookie

Apr 2, 2015
    I have a 2007 f430 no rubber plug or switch for battery shut off.

24. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You guys need to get the right info here- the switch is in the negative line, not the positive so if you work on the car it can still be live. Also when you turn this isolator switch it does not break all the negative connections, as far as i understand it - the negative clamp has small aux cables but these are not effected.
    My 08 has the switch but they did not supply a key after some time in 07- a standard T40 tork key fits- best to have 1 in the car in case of fire as it might be help.