Potential Scuderia purchase, no interest from seller? | FerrariChat

Potential Scuderia purchase, no interest from seller?

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430giallomodena, Apr 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    I have no idea if someone among you has ever been facing this same situation...

I have been yearning on 430 Scuderia for a long time now....Went straight ahead with my Ferrari dealer since I always prefer to accomodate and aid companies in my region.
    Salesman seemed initially interested but then...it's been more than 3 months now...keeps saying "next monday I'll send you an offer"..... monday arrives, tuesday, wednesday and so on....every week the same ... this week too I belive (went straight to him last saturday....monday should have had an answer but as usual nothing happened)

I never ever got a call from him, always had to call myself first or write an email and ask him if he had any news...

Am I the only one facing this ?

2. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I am not familiar with the market over in Switzerland but I would assume Scuds are somewhat rare over there and they do not have one in stock? Are there any for sale at other dealers?

3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    can't you go around the salesman and talk to another? Perhaps the boss?
    I have found that most of the very high end car salesman to be quite professional.

4. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    rare but not very rare....there are lots now on the market even at "fair" prices...Italy and Germany above all...

5. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    went to another Fdealer, 200 miles from here, 30 minutes after my talk over the phone I had my offer in my email...unfortunately car has stone-damaged front CCM brakes and seller does not want to replace them ...I will have to pay for them so I said no.

6. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    I had this when I went to put in an order for a 458 Spec. I pull up in my Scud and the dealer treats me like he is doing me a favor. I thanked him for his time and walked out. What's the point in fighting with them or explaining the business he missed. At the end of the day, there is a reason why he is selling the cars and we are buying.

Move on

7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Interestingly, I had my SCUD serviced yesterday, I noted to the dealer principal that I may be interested in selling it sooner or later (8 KM). He said look I have just sold this 20 KM 458 for less than that, do you seriously think people would pay more than a 430 SCUD than a 458 ? I said a) first of all it cost far more than the 458 did, b) it has less miles and c) its more unique

8. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Witnessed the same attitude in Toronto last summer when I took a friend to the local dealer. He wanted to buy a Maserati.

String of broken promises.

Sales guy did show us their subterranean storage vault when we were there thou.

9. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

Negotiate the price? (If it's not a problem) or you simply do not want to replace them?

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

10. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    Ah so that's something you didn't mention in your initial post.

It sounds like he didn't like the price you're asking for your 430 Scud, hence no offer.

I'm no pricing expert, but am inclined to agree.. the highest scud I've seen is what $195k (unless you're talking 16M) and most of the 458s I've seen are over $200k, most around $220-250k.

11. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    I want to buy a Scud , I do not want to sell it...they show no interest in selling ...

Replacing both discs would be another 10K...love the car but no way I will spend that money for a Scuderia that needs new brake discs.

Always the same story, when you buy these cars dealers say they are rare and bla bla bla...when you want to sell them nobody wants them...

12. chengf430

chengf430 Karting

Mar 8, 2013
    I would look for private sellers if the cars are readily available, why get ripped off by the dealer?