Agency Power Titanium Exhaust Ferrari 360 | FerrariChat

Agency Power Titanium Exhaust Ferrari 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tim1137, Apr 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1 Tim1137, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Has anyone ever seen, or have the Agency Power titanium exhaust for the 360?

I currently have a Tubi on my 360, but after watching a video on Agency Powers website showcasing the sound this exhaust puts out, I want it. I'm worried about quality, fitment, and durability though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 Ingpr, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I do have it. Great system and sounds awesome. Totally recommends it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

spyros tsiamantas likes this.
  3. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks very much David! So no problems? Everything fits good?

Would you be so kind as to take a few more pics of it? Under the hood and the exhaust tips maybe? I would appreciate it very much!

4. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I wish those guys would invest in a tube bender. They could eliminate about 100 welds.

5. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Im pretty sure you can't bend titanium like you can steel, which is why there are so many welded sections

in any case, I do hate how sloppy Ti welds always look, but that's the nature of the material I suppose

Any other opinions on the exhaust? I just put my Tubi for sale in the classifieds section. If anyone here is interested in it as well please let me know, I am going to sell it to buy this Agency Power unit I think.

6. SnowmanUK

SnowmanUK Karting

Dec 11, 2010
    London, UK
    Titanium is too thin and brittle to bend around those radii.

7. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Not true my friends. There are lots of titanium exhaust systems; do a web search. You just have to have to know about correct annealing and heat treatment.

8. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Actually titanium welds by a good welder look beautiful; almost like artwork. Sloppy weld = sloppy welder.

9. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Looks like Agency Powers welder is not on the ball then. The pictures on the website are sloppy. Its the biggest turn off on this system right now for me.

10. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It is also critically important that proper inert gas shielding is used during welding titanium, or it creates brittle welds that will crack over time. If you question the quality of the finished product, you should also question whether proper manufacturing techniques are used.

11. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    They do offer a lifetime warranty on their product though, which puts me at ease. cracking is always a worry for me, but at least they stand behind it, or so they say

12. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    It doesn't look like the tips are Titanium. Are they? I would prefer that, because I like they way they turn color with heat over time.

I saw a Nissan GTR with a full titanium exhaust, all the way to the tips and I loved the look. I have never been a chrome fan.

Deiger

13. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hard to say if they are, but they do advertise them as titanium.

I would actually prefer them not to change color. I had a Nissan GTR and the burned tips look great, but I think the Ferrari deserves a more elegant look, regular polished tips are nicer in my eyes for this car.

14. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    The tips won't change to blue, only the bends turns blue with heat and it looks fantastic IMO.

15. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I thought so too, the tips don't get hot enough

16. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I would be shocked if they weren't titanium. It is almost impossible to weld stainless to titanium.

17. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
  18. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I had a set of Agency Power headers and they cracked after one year and 1500 miles. back to stock for me.

19. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    The truth is the headers can crack, the ferrari exhaust if installed incorrectly puts alot of weight on the header flanges. With the amount of vibration the engine/exhaust sees if all the weight is supported they do crack.

Not saying that is what happened with your set Spdcrj. Just mentioning it as I have seen it in the past.

20. spyros tsiamantas

Dec 9, 2019
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    spyros tsiamantas
    Hello, iam interesting for this system... can i ask you some questions???i have the capristo stage 3 and is very good system but i want to upgrade with titanium system at my car.. i like this agency system ...about the quality, the welding, the temperature and the power gain... amazing car my friend
    Thanks

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I have the GruppeM exhaust, which is a very similar system to this...one added benefit to this design over others is the accessibility aspect....the dual muffler setup allows for a lot more working room in the engine compartment...direct access to the heat exchanger lines and gearbox dipstick/filler, and when I replaced my cats, I was able to remove the exhaust without removing the bumper. Very convenient.

22. spyros tsiamantas

Dec 9, 2019
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    spyros tsiamantas
    Thanks for the answer yes the setup you have is very nice
    I saw this system and is very nice

RedNeck likes this.
  23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thank you sir. Best of luck in your research.