Another one of these threads - my first 360! :) | FerrariChat

Another one of these threads - my first 360! :)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Rnye, Apr 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    #1 Rnye, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Took delivery of our first Ferrari - 99' 360. Purchased from a friend out in CA and finally arrived today. Silver/red (with red dash), tubi, shields, daytonas, etc.

Thank you already FChatters - will subscribe Rossa soon. So much valuable information here!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats, welcome! More pictures.....more driving impressions.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    We'll done, they look great in silver.

4. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Silver/Red is a great color! Congratulations!

5. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    So far it's nice.

Initial impressions:

The ride: I am shocked. It is absolutely sublime and really absorbs our crap roads with little drama. Even slightest spirited driving yields expected understeer. Will hopefully address with new alignment and tires (NT01s)

The Sound: Absolutely intoxicating. It has the stock headers/cats/Tubi. I have Fabspeed headers and test pipes (and heat shields/blankets) sitting here waiting for install. Also doing new MAFs and some other little upgrades while at it. Replaced the sport button in all of 20 seconds - thanks Ricambi! (Ferrari wanted something like $600+ in the PPI to order/replace the button - sigh).

The looks: Probably one of the prettiest Ferraris built. Well proportioned, looks nice in silver (not too showy), and overall just a very clean, simple, timeless shape. I think this car looks better now than it did when it was new.

Only gripe: I am NOT a fan of the transmission. At all. Like... at all. I can't stand how much the computer slips the clutch on rollout and it's no where near as fast or precise as I'd expect it to be. All I keep thinking is "no wonder these clutches are only good for 20K miles - it's like having a student driver learning to clutch in there". Even the rev-matched downshifts are "meh". Hopefully the CS TCU will fix this. It is an early car, with early software, so I'm sure there is room for improvement.

Other little things: I love the gas filler cap. Small, I know, but cool. Also surprised by the amount of heat generated from the back. The challenge grill is definitely doing it's job - feels like you can cook an egg back there!

6. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I have a 99 with a 04 TCU, BIG IMPROVEMENT !!!

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Very nicely done!

8. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Enjoy!!!

You deserve it!!!

9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Welcome and congrats on a beautiful ride!!

10. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Congrats!

11. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    #11 Rnye, Apr 22, 2014
  12. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Beautiful - congrats. Great color for the 360 - real classic IMO. Post some pics of the interior - one of my favorite color combos.

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Congrats!

14. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Beautiful!!!!

15. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    All the Best on a great purchase

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Nice color combo.

17. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Congrats and welcome. One of my favorite color combinations as well. Please post more pics and enjoy as much as possible!!!

18. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    awesome... man I need to get me one of these, in spider form

19. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Whahoo and welcome to the club...can't comment on the F1..mine is a three pedal but the 360 is such a nice, raw experience. Feels like your sitting on the front axle and I love it. I think also that once you get more accustomed to the shift it will grow on you! Happy motoring!
    Cheers!

20. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Nice looking car -- love the color combo. Are the shields factory? Sounds like the clutch PIS is set wrong if you are getting too much slippage. Have the dealer adjust it.
    Alan

21. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Very nice car, love Silver a a colour nicely understated.

22. ccalo

ccalo Karting

Aug 20, 2013
    CT us
    Full Name:
    Carmine Calo
    Welcome and best of look!

23. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    #23 Rnye, Apr 24, 2014
  24. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Hard to find a bad line on the 360, I agree... Maybe around the tail end, but that's a toss up. I also love how EASY the stock rims are to clean, inside and out. And if your car has red calipers like mine does, well, it helps show them off a tiny bit!

Not sure how you dry your car, but if you're still using any sort of "towel" method, consider switching to air. I have done so (never used a towel to dry my Ferrari) and I'm really happy. I use filtered water (a setup learned here on FChat) and the Master Blaster 8 HP heated, filtered air dryer (again, a product I learned about on FChat). The water doesn't leave *many* spots anymore with the filtration, and the Master Blaster makes drying a somewhat faster and much more fun event. Make sure you wear eye and hearing protection though, because it's loud. Hit her with a detailing spray and a microfiber towel, and viola - drop dead gorgeous.

I like your pop-up radio head unit. I have a similar unit, mine is a Kenwood. Man, that goes a long way to bring the cars into the 21st century, doesn't it?

25. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    LOL, just goes to show that everyone is different, the tail end is the very best part of the 360, the front end is too Porsche like for me, so I make sure to look at her rear end often :)