CS Major service.....what to do? | FerrariChat

CS Major service.....what to do?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bikz, Apr 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    guys can anyone please guide me on what besides the belts should be changed/ looked into for a major service for a CS....car's been sitting for a bit.....
    are there any after market tensioners (eg Hills) which should be looked into?
    F1 hydraulic fluids? (i had another thread whereby someone said i shld look into this)
    cheers.

2. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Do all the fluids including oil,brake,F 1, gearbox and coolant (if not changed in past 2 -3 years). Hill makes the tensioner bearings not the tensioners. Excellent quality. Replace these items along with the belts

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Major includes all belts , tensioners and all fluids also any gasket that may be leaking...many here use Hill Eng. products.

start there...

4. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    IN addition to the items others have mentioned, and since you didn't mention the mileage on the car, have a look at ball joints also. Hills makes great replacements of those as well, and make sure the exhaust brackets are solid (might need re-welding) as they are a weak point that you might as well address "while you're there"

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Isn't the maintenance schedule with recommended activities in the owners handbook ?

If the car is without download here : All Ferraris

6. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    The book is great for the "known" items that are considered routine, but some of the owners on this board can offer some insight as to items found through personal experience at various mileage intervals.

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    IMO , I feel you are over thinking things . Do a major and see how things go after a couple thousands miles . If you had a PPI then that should have uncovered most things you should be considered with

Drive it !