What upgrades/restore to stock items to do first. | FerrariChat

What upgrades/restore to stock items to do first.

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferraristyle1, Apr 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    So I just got my 360 in March, and am looking to upgrade it plus replace missing items that did not come with the car. However I have a 3K budget so it's first things first. Its either do 1-5 and have the items that originally came with the car or do the headers. What do you guy's think?

1. no tool kit, buy 360 tool kit...$600
    2. no fire extinguisher....buy competition components fire extinguisher...$350
    3. no car cover, buy oem car cover....$300-350
    4. Carbon Fiber Airbox covers w/filters.....$1250
    5. Replace interior mats..$300?

6. replace headers with Fabspeed to reduce the chance of precat failure.....$3000

I bought the car with a major done, all fluids changed, and 4 new tires. I have an appointment set up to install the hills engineering shift bushing as preventive maintenance. Just ordered a complete LED kit, and then got one of those carbon fiber license plate frames from a board member.

2. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Tow hook, ( in tool kit) a must, don't drive without it.

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Each to his own, but I wouldn't bother with 6 unless you have an issue. A good shop can listen (if you can't yourself) for leaking headers.
    Jes

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Agree with getting car back to original. So you need to buy the tool kit. Fire extinguisher optional. Can get an OEM car cover on eBay for $200-300. If the car came with Carbon Fiber Airbox covers and need replacement do so but only if you love the look. Agree with replacing interior mats with Ferrari OEM mats (there are choices). See, I just saved you alot of money!

Best regards,
    Tom

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    What is the upside of prioritising getting the original toolkit - or even getting it at all - after all you were happy to buy the car without it ?

6. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What color combo? I have a set of tan mats.