FMOV service | FerrariChat

FMOV service

Discussion in '360/430' started by chinesejpl, Apr 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chinesejpl

chinesejpl Rookie

Aug 26, 2009
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    JP
    I just wanted to give some support for my local Ferrari dealer. Everything online seems to always be negative and rarely do people post when things went well. This will be one of those occasions.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that my '05 430 was idling very rough and vibrating. It got progressively worse until the check engine light came on. I immediately brought it into Ferrari of Vancouver. They didn't have space that week to service the car but I was leaving for business the following week so they graciously accepted to take the car in early until they could diagnose the problem. I've read about some horror stories about having dealers store your car but I decided to give them a chance (plus, I really wanted things to be dealt with while I was away so I'd have the car back when I returned). In summary my experience was great! I was called the week I was away and given an update as to what was happening. They checked the error codes and changed my spark plugs to see if that would get rid of the problem but it didn't. Then they told me it was a leaking gasket and they would have to order in the part. I asked for an estimate and they gave me one. I verified that the estimate included the spark plug change and all other costs associated with finding out the problem and I was assured it was. The car was supposed to be read by Thurs of last week. I called them on Friday when I hadn't heard from them and they told me that when they finished the work my clutch light came on and the clutch had difficulty engaging. I told them I had never had that problem before. They asked me if the clutch had ever been serviced and I told them that they were the last ones to touch the clutch when they replaced it in April of 2012. They then told me that they would replace the F1 sensor and try to do it under warranty as there was a 2 year warranty on the clutch. Long story short, I received my car today with absolutely no surprises! The bill was just about exactly what they estimated it would be and the F1 sensor was replaced under warranty, despite my 2 year period having passed by a few days. My car was washed and tires shined. All in all it was an entirely great experience!

I'm sorry for those who have had a negative experience with their dealers but thankfully mine was pleasant.

JP