Failed lights in the HVAC control panel | FerrariChat

Failed lights in the HVAC control panel

Discussion in '360/430' started by shoerat, Apr 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shoerat

shoerat Rookie

Nov 5, 2004
    Texas
    The lights to illuminate the fan speed and temperature knobs on the HVAC control panel in my Scud are not functioning. F dealer reports the circuit board that operates the lights has a fault. The replacement circuit board is $2,800 with a $400 credit if I return the junked CB to Ferrari. Anyone have this issue and can offer alternative solutions?

2. MortgageRockstar

Feb 8, 2013
    Mansfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Geof
    I have no idea if the HVAC circuit board has anything in common with the dash panel, but the company below fixes dash panels and may be able to help you with this as well.

It's at least worth a shot.

Franchorchamps of America, Inc.
    935 Sunset Dr Suite A
    Costa Mesa, CA 92627
    (949) 631-6373
    http://www.ferrarioc.com/

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have a 360 Spider and the backlights are simple small LED bulbs powered by 12 volts.

I am fairly certain you can buy after market replacement LED's and spend way less than $2,400.00. I would say at the most, spend $100.00 on LED bulb replacement parts.

Dan

4. Mozella

Mozella Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2013
    Piemonte, Italia
    For 28 hundred bucks, I'd practice learning all the switch positions in the daylight so that I could do it in the dark. And then I'd tell all my friends that the Scuderia didn't use back-lighting on unimportant functions like climate control and removed the bulbs in order to save weight.

5. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    On a 360, the HVAC bulbs that sit behind the “STOP” and recirculation buttons are known to fail. They aren’t available as a spare part and are soldered into the panel.

However, if you are handy with a soldering iron you can replace these very cheaply with type 7219 bulbs. You will need to recycle the green plastic covers though.