How Much Did You Pay for Your 360? | FerrariChat

How Much Did You Pay for Your 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin from California, May 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    #1 Kevin from California, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I am having a hard time figuring out what these things are worth. I believe I could have gotten the yellow 360 at Automotive Excellence in San Diego for $68,500. Now suspect they would sell for $66 or $67K. I am no longer interested for a few reasons voiced on another thread.

I believe I could get the silver 360 spider in Newport Beach listed for $72.9k for $71.5k (we had verbal agreement). I have since backed off (one reason the front hood is sprung open a bit, does not not fit tightly) plus seller failed to send me service records (seems like a nice fellow though).

I could gotten a red spider for $67K (suspect it sold for less than that but more than the $62K a put forward) but had been in an accident and also had the popped hood problem.

So I am considering a few within 500 miles of Los Angeles.

What are these things really selling for? If you have purchased a 360 in the last year would you kindly share with us the price? I promise when I buy I will post the price on this thread.

Thanks,

Kevin from California

2. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Just remember you will get what you pay for. If you were to get a red spider for 67 it either had high mileage, was in an accident, or was in need of something like a major service. If you are just looking at the purchase price, make sure that you have extra in reserve for the items the car will need. Spend 5 to 10K more on the purchase to save you double in repairs.

With the summer here, expect to pay 75-85 for a coupe and 85-95 for a spider. Prices will depend on mileage as well as if it's a 6 speed or not. Plus don't forget to have the car PPIed. If you don't then it's just money you will spend later.

I bought mine in March with 14,000 miles, 6 speed, and paid in the mid 90s with a fresh major and new tires.

3. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    #3 marlonbvm, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    I recently purchased a 360. Price wise, it's a very difficult question, because there are so many different factors coming to play. As with everything in life, the old adage holds true for Ferraris as well; you get what you pay for. I have seen the 360 offered for as little as 50-55k to as high as 95-100k recently. I did a lot of research before purchasing mine. I was looking at a 99 model for around 70k with 40k miles. I also looked at a spider model for 95k with 18k miles. First question, do you want a spider or a Modena. The spiders usually trade at a small premium to the Modena. Then again, a newer Modena with all the records, low miles etc will be worth more than an older Spider without records and higher mileage.
    For the earlier models, 99-02 the price probably fluctuates between 50-75. For the newer, 03-05 you probably pay anywhere from 75-100k.
    Just as a reference, I decided against a 99 model with limited records, paint work, and about 40k miles, and paid about 20k more to get an 03 Modena, newer ECU and newer car, with under 10k miles, all the service history, well maintained as part of a collection, with no mechanical flaw, PPI done by Ferrari, and impeccable condition inside and out. In the long run, i think a well taken care of 360 will serve you much better, cost you less headache and $$. But those are just my 2 cents.

Just remember, if the price is very low, or too low, there is usually a reason for it. And most Ferrari buyers do their homework before purchasing any of these high performance machines.

Please feel free to add on if anyone feels differently.

4. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I haven't bought one yet but I may have by this time tomorrow. It seems you can pick up a pretty decent Modena for 67k to 75. Later models will be more. The spiders seem to jump all over the place but are more expensive.

Check the Ferrari's for sale link. There was a guy named turboregal or turbobuick or something like that and that car seemed like a smoking deal. (I really like that color) I think if you're patient you can find a really nice coupe in the mid 60's.

There is a yellow one for sale in Oakland at Fantasy Junction. Sounds like it needs a bit of body work and a belt service with 42 miles but seems like a good deal. I would have probably gone that route but shipping would eat a lot of my savings.

5. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I paid $80K for mine (2003 Modena, 24K miles-some of the service records). Clean Carfax but it needed a clutch which the dealer installed 6 months later for $4K.

My deal was not that clear as I traded a 1991 348 TS (in great shape) that I paid $39K and I owned the car for a year before the trade. The dealer gave me $35K for my car and charged me the $80K for the 360. The 348 had all the service records but was due for the engine out service as it was 4 years since it was done (dealer stated that they would not sell the 348 knowing it was due for the engine out). They listed the 348 for $45K after doing the engine out - don't know what they ended up selling it for. I thought the deal was fair - but then again - it is all how you convince yourself it was a good deal.

I think you will find most of the cars for sale in the $50K-70K range are high mileage or no service records and may have a serious problem. The one thing you have going for you is "the gift of time". If you take your time and don't develop a case of "the wants" you are sure to get a good deal especially if you are smart enough to get a PPI done before buying.

I remember seeing a chart that somebody put together of the year of the car, the mileage, and average selling price. You may want to do a search of this forum.

6. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    Sold to a private party my 2003 with 30000 miles for 69000. New clutch and everything up to date. One of the sponsors here offered 60K when he had an almost an identical car except for being 1999 on his showroom for 90K. That's why I bought my F430 from a private party on FChat - super smooth transaction and couldn't be happier with an excellent car.

7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I purchased mine in '07, don't even ask the prices then! LOL!!

8. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I would go for the newest and well cared for car you can afford....expect to pay 85-95 for an 03,4,5 spider w20 k or so....hth

Sent from my SGH-T999N using Tapatalk

9. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    About 2 months ago a purchased a 2000 360F1 - Azzurro Monaco with grey interior in the Dallas, Texas area. Just under 23k miles. 85% left on clutch. New F1 pump (had only 500 miles on it). Celebrity onwership (originally owned by a well-known MLB shortstop). Super clean PPI, fully documented. 30K major service included in sale price. Car has challenge grill, full MACarbon CF interior package. Interior was fully dynomatted. Spare Tire option. All tools and books. $6K aftermarket audio system (high end custom installation). Paid $68,700.

10. Arron

Arron Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Kent, UK
    360s are much more expensive over in the UK - I paid £56k GBP for my 2002 Rosso/Crema F1 Spider with 11.5k miles on the clock last August. That's a pretty typical price for this standard of car over here in that colour combo

11. Romanova

Romanova Rookie

Nov 22, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    About $95k for an 01 Spyder 6spd manual with about 1,200 miles on it. Dealer put on new tires and had a belt service performed as part of the deal. This was about 3 years ago now.

12. Kevin from California

Mar 25, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    Thanks. Great info. Keep it coming please folks! Note: personally I would be fine with a Modena. Just want to get my first Ferrari. Wife, however, has expressed liking to the spyder we saw. We shall see.

Again, please MORE POSTS! How much did you pay?

Thanks

Kevin from California

13. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    99 Modena a few years ago for 60k with 50k miles on it, good clutch and great looking car but it needed suspension work due to the miles. Car had both good and bad things going for it, paint was/is nearly perfect, interior was nice but the dash was/is shrinking from the hot sun (daily driver parked in the sun). It has a 04 TCU which really helps and has great records back to day 1. I am jealous if you get one within 500 miles from LA as that will be a wonderful drive home, my drive home was 1,100 miles and one of the best drives EVER. If you get a car in Calif, make sure it passes SMOG if its a 99 and then enjoy it. If you buy out of state, have all the ODBII monitors tested prior to buying and it will pass easily. The 99's have a monitor issue and fail, there is a ECU upgrade that solves the problem but do it before paying :)

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    In 2010 I paid less than 60k for my red/blk 3pedal, euro with 50k miles. It needed a few things but is reliable as my Boxster now...

15. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kevin,

You'll find the people on here very helpful. Once I get one I have a feeling it will be like having a kid. I never thought anything about one of my friends having a kid. Now that I have one, I kind of live through them when they have one.

16. LV360

LV360 Karting

May 1, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well now you've made me curious!

17. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    bought my 2003 spider red/black capristo exhaust 3 pedals 8200 miles 3 months ago for 100k
    put 3k immediately in belts service ( fluids paid by the seller).
    car looks new
    actually i traded in my Maserati 2012 grand turismo but car was for sale at 99,9k

18. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Mine is a 2000 Rossa corsa Modena with tan interior, 6 speed manual with 21k on it and all service records up to date/recent. Not a lot of options...red piping on the seats and a capristo exhaust. Bought it 4 months ago for $78,500.

19. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Prices seem pretty much the same globally.

I bought my 2000 F1 23Km, Red, Black, mint too me FSH, $110KNZ.

20. kn1ghtley

kn1ghtley Karting

Nov 30, 2013
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brent
    $90k for my 2004 red/tan Modena F1 with 20k miles, bought in January. Good number of options, with Tubi exhaust.

21. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Here's a good selection for comparison. Some are over priced -- look at the 99 selling for $76k with 24k miles -- should be more like $66k but there again it's a dealer sale (unless they're consigning it -- difficult to know really).
    Alan

22. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Purchased 2003 Modena red/tan, F1, challenge grills, starfish wheels, regular seats with red piping, stickies and dash leather and headliner all redone, fresh full service for $78k at the end of december 2013. Private party sale. Clutch at 70%. Has some rock chips front and rear which was actually a plus for me so I don't worry about getting more chips! Had to put on new tires and added a challenge exhaust. Had a ppi and a post purchase inspection done by 2 different Ferrari dealers and they found nothing to fix.

23. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    bigsquat, how many miles?

24. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Can't believe I left that out. 13k miles.

25. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did you get cold feet before buying?