WANTED: Radio delete plate- F430/Scuderia | FerrariChat

WANTED: Radio delete plate- F430/Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by George in NH, May 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    Anybody have the radio delete plate they'd like to sell? I think I'd prefer the alcantara version, but would also consider the carbon one.

-George

2. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm still looking :-(

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  4. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    Thanks Terry :)

That'll probably be where I get it, but in the meantime, I'm just hoping someone will say..."hey George, you seem like a nice guy, I'll sell you my plate for ten bucks." Yeah, I know, fat chance!

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
  6. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    I know. I'd buy the carbon version if it didn't have such a stupid price.

7. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I ordered the alcantara one. I may make a carbon one as a project if I can find the time.

8. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    What would you do, strip off the alcantara and wrap it with cf? Or use it as a mold to make a full cf version? Sounds like a fun project :)

By the way, thanks for the link to the eurospares one.

9. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have to see what it's like when I handle it. I just have basic CF skills, but yah basically use it to make a mold. Could likely wrap the Alcantara in plastic to keep it on there when making the mold. I have access to ovens and vacuum and help @ techshop (techshop.ws). Also have a 3d printer I could use to make a mold as well, or replicate the part in ABS. Definitely fun, but I have too many car projects right now ; )

10. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    That sounds really fun! I'm starting to think I'd like to get a 3D printer at some point as well. But like you said, too many car projects right now. If only there was more time in a day, right?

:)

11. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Totally - time is the limiting factor for me. I've made a couple of "prototypes" that ended up being final parts on my 308 out of ABS...horn bracket, firewall plate, grille brackets, etc. 3d printing is really taking off right now in terms of quality and the price is dropping.

RBM has an awesome thread where he is using 3d plastic to prototype then build parts for his scud - like rotor hats, suspension components, etc. He is even having 3d printed titanium parts made : O Yes, 3d printed titanium. They also have a CF 3d printer now - imagine the possibilities...pretty nuts.

12. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    That's so cool to be able to make your own parts like that...I'd love it. I'm intentionally stopping myself from really learning about 3D printers right now because between taking care of my own life and caring for my elderly mom, I just don't have the time to really enjoy it. But now you've got me thinking.....3D CF printer???....holy crap, that sounds awesome!! Prior to getting my F430, I never had a car with CF....but now that I do, I'm really starting to love the look of it...and more importantly, the weight savings of it. I'm in trouble now hahaha

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Man - I know what that's like. When I was taking care of my dad, I got to wash my car (M3 at the time) once in like 6 months. You'll be blessed forever for that though.

Link to the CF printer (not out yet):

https://markforged.com/

14. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    Hahaha, I want that printer! I bet we could all have a lot of fun with it!

15. Darth_Homer

Darth_Homer Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2014
    I really want one too for my scud... did they make a black leather version? To match my leather interior

16. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    Looks like they make it in leather. If I did it correctly, this should be the link to it (from Ricambi). $530.

80759700 [80759700 SCUDERIA RADIO COVER CPL LEATHER]

By the way, I'm still looking for a used one....carbon or alcantara. :)

17. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    Wow thanks for the info George! Well same here hoping to get a used one instead of the $500 price tag from Ricambi.. I doubt if anyone is selling, I guess I have no choice but to order it from them...

18. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    No problem :)

Looks like I'm in the same boat and will be forced to buy new as well. These prices are really insulting though....

19. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah very much! My problem is I like the carbon panel better than the leather! But for $2k??? Nevermind...

20. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    Yeah, me too. But at least my dash is alcantara, so I can buy that plate and everything will match up. But still, that one costs something like 300....really annoying! Maybe I'll leave a big gaping hole in the dash instead hahaha

21. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    That takes lightweight to another level!

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just buy some CF and "hang" it in front of the hole. 20% off sale at fiberglast.com today. LOL.

Seriously, I do plan to tackle this as a fun project, but it will likely wait until winter when I have more downtime and need to dream about cars : )

So far I just cut some templates, and printed some abs mock-up plates. I also purchased the alcantara OE version and have that as a point of reference as well.

The CF price version is crazy IMHO. I would never pay that personally.

23. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
  24. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013

Or I could just cover the hole with black duct tape...like I did on my old 911 race car. Hey, it worked ;-)

Must be fun to have that 3D printer! You didn't get that one that does it in carbon like we talked about earlier, did you? Anyway...let me know if you make a carbon delete plate...maybe I'll buy one :)

25. George in NH

Oct 11, 2013
    Definitely.

Their arrogance really pisses me off.