Ferrari CTEK OEM Charger | FerrariChat

Ferrari CTEK OEM Charger

Discussion in '360/430' started by f430R, May 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f430R

f430R Karting

Jun 15, 2013
    West Midlands, UK
    #1 f430R, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi guys, I just purchased what I believe to be a Ferrari Branded CTEK charger, for my F430 2007 spider.
    The reason of posting there seems/did seem, to be alot of confusion of different types of chargers/tenders. I thought ill post this just to let you guys know this one works too. The car has a factory fitted charging port underneath the passenger side A/C vent, near the glovebox and the CTEK charger has a plug which fitted perfectly. On plugging in the green light appeared on the charger presumably powered by the car. I opened the passenger door trailed the wire through the door gap in the bottom corner and plugged in the charger into my UK mains socket, the charger indicator has appeared on the charger and the information display in the car ( a battery and a plug). Car is locked and cover on, sorry for poor images!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #2 tazandjan, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seeing the brick wall on your garage reminded me of the teeny brick garage for my house in Bury St Edmunds. Had my 308 GTS parked in there and had to attach a piece of foam to the wall so I could get out without damaging the door paint.

Did not realize that connector was there before the CTEK became standard, for US F430s at least, in September/October 2007. Very handy for you.

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    "the charger indicator has appeared on the charger and the information display in the car ( a battery and a plug)."

Is this standard? I never noticed anything on my info display when my car is plugged in!

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- Not until the CTEK became standard in the US for the 08 MY. The earlier Zivan charger equipped Ferraris did not have that feature. The Zivan was available as an option (~$800) on many earlier models of Ferraris, including early F430s.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Ok. Thanks. Mine is an '07 but has a CTEK charger. But I guess it was not original with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. f430R

f430R Karting

Jun 15, 2013
    West Midlands, UK
    sorry ive been absent on this forum for a while. That car is a beauty! please tell me you still own it?! lovely to see these kind of memories shared!

7. f430R

f430R Karting

Jun 15, 2013
    West Midlands, UK
    (sorry going missing)

Yes I believe the method of charging had changed, I have a original Zivan charger for sale too!