F430 Capristo headers | FerrariChat

F430 Capristo headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by MolsonB, Jun 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Anyone have a DYI on install? Also, does it come with all the nuts and bolts? Since you have to take off the exhaust from the cats, they say "don't reuse the steal metal clamps", I'm not sure if the kit includes them or not. Basically I'm trying to get everything ahead of time so I don't have to run around the town looking for little things while doing the install.

2. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    There is a thread on here by Trent when he fitted fabspeed headers. I also have a post on my blog when I fitted Agency Power headers. A quick search will locate both.

The procedure should be the same for Capristo headers although they are said to be a little more difficult to get to all the studs due to the 4-2-1 design.

I used new "doughnut" gaskets between the header and cat as well as new bolts for the clamps. If the Capristos don't come with gaskets then get a pair of OEM ones. Ditto for the 12mm self locking nuts that hold the manifold to the head.

3. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm having a hard time trying to get info on what exactly comes in the kit. I'll have to get on the phone tomorrow and track down the salesmen.

4. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just did a DIY install of headers and exhaust from Fabspeed. I'm not trying to sway your decision from buying the Capristos but I can tell you that the Fabspeed headers and exhaust come with everything you need. I would assume Capristo does the same but I would definitely confirm it before purchase.

5. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My Capristos came only with the headers, blankets and doughnut gaskets (for between headers and cats). You will need to buy new gaskets (header to heads) and any other nuts, bolts and clamps you want to change.

You will love the sound!

6. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Aren't Fabspeed headers and Agency Power headers exactly the same product for the F430?

7. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Did you change your header exhaust gaskets? I can't seem them bad after 16,000 miles. The dealer replaced the original headers around 5,000 miles ago, but I can't tell from the records if they replaced any of the gaskets.

8. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    Yes mate - apart from the "Made in USA" sticker. ;)

The head/header gasket really shouldn't be used twice (IMO). It achieves a seal by flattening down a raised section of the metal material. When you take the old ones out they are pretty much flat.

9. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My 430 had only about 4000 miles on it when I had the Capristo headers installed but I still replaced mine with new header gaskets. They are only about $65/pair and I've always installed new gaskets on every car that I installed headers on for the past 40 years.

Cheap insurance to avoid potential exhaust leaks.

F1Spider likes this.
  10. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    #10 Russell996, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Sticker is made in the USA - wow, good to know Fabspeed have US printed stickers. ;)

11. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Capristoexhaust.com just said they include the exhaust manifold gaskets, nuts and donuts for cats.

I know working on my domestic mass production cars, a lot of the gaskets are designed to be reused. (not 'all' of them ofcourse...). Thanks for the info guys.

12. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Good to know they're now including the things you need.

Good luck with the install!

13. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ah bs.
    Got the parts today and they only had the donut gaskets in there and the exhaust bracket was missing a bolt. So much for doing the install today.

I'm from Canada and already placed my order for misc items a week ago from Riambi.. Now I have to get nuts and header gaskets from dealer. Grrr

14. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Update:
    Turns out, the headers came right from Germany and only included the doughnut gaskets. Called up Capristoexhaust.com and they said they would ship out the extra missing stuff, no problem at all. Luckily I was in Florida for a few days, drove down and picked them up myself. Great people (Andrea) over at Capristoexhaust.com !

I'll start the install tomorrow.

15. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Glad they got fixed quickly for us.. Keep us posted with the install Matt.

16. chillo

chillo Karting

Mar 18, 2009
    East Yorks, England
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Sure are! Have a set of AP headers (manifolds) on mine! ;)

17. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Have you had the install completed yet?

Would love to see a sound /video clip to hear the difference.

18. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have it installed. Little tricky getting wrenches in there. I went to dollar store and bought a few to cut/bend to make it work.

Haven't had a nice day to really get a clip on the road. The gopro sound sucks so I've been trying different external mics. So far I found the sound hasn't changed that much. The tubi was what really changed the sound. I do find the 'changing gear pops' crack a lot crisper. Feel a tiny bit more hp in the butt gauge. I'll get clips soon.

All in all, the sound is a bit more crisper and tight. The tubi exhaust is what really makes the difference. Oh I'm on stock cats too. (For this year at least).

19. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Glad the install went well Matt. Rest of weekend is suppose to be dryer.