aftermarket exhaust? | FerrariChat

aftermarket exhaust?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bocaf430, Jul 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    thinking about changing the factory exhaust on f430 to something a little louder..more exotic sounding... I had TUBI on my gallardo... but I have heard there are some other options for the F430 besides TUBI... I dont want something very loud, so maybe it will need valves? any thoughts? I know a few of you out there have done the aftermarket exhausts... would love to hear what you have and if your happy with your choice, if you had to do it again..would you? or maybe go with another brand? thanks

2. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Capristo Twin sound.......................awesome
    I have this on my 360

Best avail. !!!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phf2z_ZnbNw[/ame]

3. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    BTW how do you compare your F430 to the Gallardo?
    I am considering getting a G next ( 06 -08 model )

4. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    The valves on the F430 are in the tips, so you can change the muffler independently. Another great upgrade/preventative maintenance item would be to change the headers. Fabspeed offers replacement headers that get rid of the Pre-cat and the cheap material that the stock 430 headers use. The best part is that you would be preventing a potential issue and also increasing the sound. The volume and tone increase is very noticeable, as is the torque gained ;)

5. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
  6. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Wait until I get my S-Line exhaust, same as freshmeat ;)

7. dhac

dhac Karting

Feb 26, 2012
    boca raton and LI
    s line? look forward to hearing it..

8. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #9 captglen, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Choosing an exhaust is like picking a color, it's subjective. We have sold primarily fabspeed at the shop in recent years as it is available and priced well, and most importantly, they make a very nice product that fits well and stands up to abuse.

That said, sadly they are still not as recognized as Tubi, not sure anyone will be able to knock them off of the pedastool speaking to resale, recognition, and just plain classic sound.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tubi, a lot, I just wish it was easier to get and a little more cost effective.

You might consider doing the fabspeed headers using the stock muffler, we did a car this way and it sounded amazing.

10. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm selling my Tubi GTC exhaust pretty soon.

11. dhac

dhac Karting

Feb 26, 2012
    boca raton and LI
    I think I prefer having a system with valves to keep it quiet when normal driving.. is there a way to keep the factory valves in place but change something else to make it a little louder, meaner sounding? I don't want something that will give me droning either...