Still For Sale a Year Later | FerrariChat

Still For Sale a Year Later

Discussion in '360/430' started by Alpintourer, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    #1 Alpintourer, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just renewed my F-Chat membership which commemorates my search for a blue 360 Spider that began a year ago. In that time I'm met some great folks here, some decent dealers out in the field and of course a bunch of guys who believe that they are sitting on an appreciating asset. I'm amused that three cars I considered are still for sale and the prices have narry budged an inch. What are the carrying costs (floor plan interest, housing, insurance, etc.) to have a vehicle sit for a year unsold. Any bets they did annual services while dormant?

The cars of note are pictured below. I am reminded of the movie Ground Hog Day every time I see them listed in the various search media. The first is at Carriage House Motors in CT. The rest have their dealer info in the picture.

I found my car back in April and still haven't seen one since that I like better. I almost pulled the trigger a few times (but the gun jammed due to silly sellers) but I was patient and as one door closed another opened.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    if they are still for sale a year later, the price is too high for the car.

Proof is when my 360 went for sale, it was for sale 8 days and during those 8 days at least one person did a PPI and backed out, I bought it on the 8th day and never looked back, the price was right for the car. 3 years later I still don't know why the person that had the PPI done backed out, I have found nothing wrong with the car that was not expected in a car of that high mileage.

Some cars are worth a premium and some are not, asking premium for one that is not, will make it sit for years.

In the boat world, a boat that sat that long was due to a divorce and a judge making him sell his boat. The mistake the judge made was not checking the price the guy put his boat for sale at. This does not work with these cars since they are at dealerships :)

3. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    That's a really nice blue spider at Driving Emotions. I guess price is the factor, otherwise that would be out the door.

4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    One would think that if a car sat for a year on the showroom floor one clue might be price!
    They were too rich for my wallet; and many others apparently.

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    THIS CAR IS WORTH _______ !

Translation: "I overpaid for this car and refuse to take a loss"

6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    These places aren't really into selling cars I'll wager. I will bet that they are more interested in the business of selling financing to you! So why budge on price? There is no shortage of people who cant really afford the toys they want.

7. Ron500E

Ron500E Rookie

Jul 15, 2014
    River Styx.
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I noticed on the Driving Emotion website that it said "will not last."
    That's probably true if it keeps sitting around and the seals go bad...

Ron

8. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    There is a white 16m for sale in Dallas that still hasn't sold going on ~10 months. Its usually due to the price. I remember seeing this car and thinking it wold sell fast but still available.